Delicious Pumpkin Smoothie - Tastes like pumpkin pie!

Options
2»

Replies

• PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ooh yummy :-)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I totally made this, and it rocks! Thank you for such a great idea :) I did make a few changes/additions:

For 1 serving:
    1 banana; 1/2 cup pure pumpkin; 1/4 cup of greek yogurt; 1 tsp brown sugar; 1 1/2 cups of cooled brewed chai tea; 4 ice cubes; 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract; lots of pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. It's so yummy and filling :) Oh, and I did this with my Bullet.

Makes a BIG serving!!! Approx 200 cals.
  • sherisse69
    Options
    I make a protein shake with pumpkin- delish!

Blend together:
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/4 cup chai tea (optional)
    pumpkin pie spice to taste
    handful of ice

Yum!

Ah! I was totally gonna use the almond milk....but sadly it had far expired...oops! Next time :)

Mine is under 200 calories and has 25 grams of protein.
  • sherisse69
    Options
    What do you mean by not pie filling? The stuff I get is pie filling in a can but it's one ingredient: pumpkin. Do you mean not spiced?

I am sure that is what she means - you can buy pre sweetened and spiced mixes.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I tried a pumpkin smoothie recipe last year and it was TERRIBLE, I can't remember the recipe but it was not edible. This is a smaller version- I will try it. I'm not a big maple person so I will try it with the banana. Would honey work?
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I can hardly wait to try this, it sounds soooo yummy! Thanks for posting!
  • mloucks83
    mloucks83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's in the baking aisle, near pie filling. Usually right next to pumpkin pie filling!
  • mloucks83
    Options
    What do you mean by not pie filling? The stuff I get is pie filling in a can but it's one ingredient: pumpkin. Do you mean not spiced?

Pumpkin pie filling has spices already mixed in like you said but it also has sugar. The pure pumpkin is a cleaner ingredient. Enjoy!
  • mloucks83
    Options
    in what section of the super market can you get pure pumpkin

It's in the baking aisle, near pie filling. Usually right next to pumpkin pie filling!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I tried a pumpkin smoothie recipe last year and it was TERRIBLE, I can't remember the recipe but it was not edible. This is a smaller version- I will try it. I'm not a big maple person so I will try it with the banana. Would honey work?

Honey is good! And then if you still don't like it just keep adding honey :laugh:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Bumping! I love pumpkin! Can't wait to try this!
  • scccipcc
    scccipcc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am forwarding an old post - this stuff is pretty good!

105 Calorie Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake
    2 months ago by Aliciaaah

I call it Cheesecake Pumpudding. Enjoy!

1/2 Cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk (15 Calories)
    1/2 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin Puree (40 Calories)
    1/2 Packet Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding (50 Calories)
    Pumpkin Spice to taste (Start with 1/2 tsp, it can be strong stuff)
    Sweetener to taste (I use some Splenda, but it really doesn't need it, just adds that extra sweetness)

Just whisk the milk and pudding for a bit, add the pumpkin and spices and it's ready to eat immediately. ...
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • erinr73
    erinr73 Posts: 19
    Options
    bump - can't wait to try!!! thanks for the recipe!