I need hair help. Seriously.

Options
2»

Replies

• frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    go to a real hair stylest and get your money's worth out of a STYLE and tell her she needs to explain to you exactly how to fix it

I second this. Also, color is another way to change a hairdo, so there might be some options there that will make you like it more. :)
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Find a headband or barette with a bit of sparkle in it. I have some for those days!
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    get some cute hair accessories like headbands or sparkly clips and try and make the best of it until it grows out.

When I was in the 7th grade my mother had some woman come to the house to cut my hair. I had long, thick, curly hair down to a few inches above my elbow. I wanted layers put in to give it some shape and lift. When this woman was done I went in my room and wouldnt come out. She gave me a weird mullet hair cut that made the top of my head look like a head of lettuce with long pieces in the back. It was truly traumatizing. That was in the summer and I had 5 weeks to school. The top was so short I couldnt do anything except flatten it with bobby pins. As it grew out, I got teased and called poodle head because my hair was so curly. It took a full year before I could even straighten it to make it look better then another year before it completely grew in so I could wear my hair curly again.

Trust me, I sympathize. Once it starts growing in go to a professional. It took me 6 years before I trusted anyone at all to cut my hair.
  • samigirl25
    Options
    Can U load a pic so we can see exactly what you're talkin bout..?

Yes! Let us see a picture! You may be able to do something super cute with it, maybe like a short pixie hair cut?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,973 Member
    Options
    Horrrible hair flashback!! :mad: Bite the bullet and go to a high quality salon and ask them to help you out . It will be pricey but worth it. Check out reviews online if you don't know of a good salon. Also, get your hair styled at the salon for the interview.

Good luck, and remember that most people don't care about your hair like you do and will probably not even notice.:flowerforyou:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to go to a stylist, but I was hoping to get some style ideas so that I can better articulate what I'm looking for. However, one of the reasons I got this haircut on the cheap is because this town doesn't really do experienced stylists and reputable salons. Most salons here are a revolving door, which is why I wanted to come in with some idea of what I want.

Also, I don't do supplements, and that's at the demand of my physician.
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you're probably in shock - you may grow to like it in a few days. It will appear to grow really quickly (optical illusion of 1cm on 5 cm will appear longer than 1cm growth on 20 cm - does that make sense?) which is why short hair has to be cut so much more often as style grows out really quickly.

I've had short, pixie cuts and been fine - i.e got used to them. I remember the first time leaving a salon (leaving my boyfriend to pay) because i was so distraught - bought loads of hair products and was trying to make it better in the toilets of a cafe. Some girls had seen me, overhead the conversation and told me I looked great. That helped. Worst though was when a hairdresser (who was hungover from a 'torture party' the night before - I didn't ask...) gave me a tiny fringe but left the sides long and I looked like I was about to have a lobotomy but it did grow out eventually). Although now I don't mind how much current hairdresser cuts off the rest of my head as long as she leaves me with long hair around my face...

Also having shorter hair is a good incentive to lose weight and keep that jawline nice and sleek! embrace it!
  • steponme123
    Options
    Bobby pins and great styling products will be your best friend. Last year, I decided to cut 12 inches off of my hair on a whim. The first haircut looked awful (very Leo in the front and Pat Benetar in the back) and its the only time I've cried over a haircut. I have really thick hair too and I just looked like a big, poofy mess.I had it fixed by the manager of the salon. She actually ended up cutting the front shorter to match the back and thinned out some sections so it was easier to style. After that, I loved the cut, which makes growing it out much easier. I think morenita71 is right though, you're in shock.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the slanted side part that I see on a lot of short cuts.

Try any image searches yet? There's a ton of stuff for all kinds of hair.
    http://shorthaircutsv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CuteShortHaircuts01-e1316180126387.jpg