Looking for Any Friends! 5'3" with small goal--

Options
2»

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    114 is the lowest recommended weight for that height.

Possibly the better number to focus on is body fat %? It seems like your goal is for toning and tightness ("I have friends who are 120 and look 105, and friends who are 105 and look 120"), so BF% is probably more suited to what you want. This will come down to a tight focus on your macronutrients (not just calories but carbs, protein, fats, etc) and your workout routine.

Just a thought.
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    I am 5'3' and my goal is 110. I am currently 165. Feel free to add me.
  • milo8912
    Options
    I'll be honest I really don't know much about workout regimens and tracking nutrients.. I've always just played sports and ran here or there. I plan to exercise 4 times a week, jumping rope for cardio, and doing squats, pushups, situps, lunges, etc. As far as intake goes, I'm trying to hold myself to a strict 1200. Thoughts?

And as far as the goal weight goes, I'm going to follow this diet/workout routine and watch the numbers, hopefully they do go down but if I see a difference in my body the whole 105-lb thing will probably take a back seat.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 125 lbs and my GW is 118-115. I started out sticking strictly to 1,200, but I hit a plateau. Once I started eating back some of my exercise calories I started to lose again. I do cardio 6 days a week and I'm trying to get in to weight training. Feel free to add me :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest I really don't know much about workout regimens and tracking nutrients.. I've always just played sports and ran here or there. I plan to exercise 4 times a week, jumping rope for cardio, and doing squats, pushups, situps, lunges, etc. As far as intake goes, I'm trying to hold myself to a strict 1200. Thoughts?

And as far as the goal weight goes, I'm going to follow this diet/workout routine and watch the numbers, hopefully they do go down but if I see a difference in my body the whole 105-lb thing will probably take a back seat.

Theres a group on here, 5x5 stronglifts for women. 5X5 is a pretty simply routine to start, and a great way to see results in strength and body composition :)
  • magazinegirl
    Options
    This is at 124lb currently...

8B8B6A98-740F-4B10-BE32-A6B224C5D637-150-00000001FC804E7E-1.jpg

71F81C58-152B-4F86-B500-F8D8EC950B27-150-00000001F3D7968A-1.jpg

Was sitting for the better part of the morning, hence the button imprint under my belly lol.

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! your boyfriend needs to take a second look. he must have been dating skeletons in the past if you aren't "up to par" to his normal standards. i think you are beautiful!!! =)
  • milo8912
    Options
    You are so sweet, thank you!!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    114 is the lowest recommended weight for that height.

Possibly the better number to focus on is body fat %? It seems like your goal is for toning and tightness ("I have friends who are 120 and look 105, and friends who are 105 and look 120"), so BF% is probably more suited to what you want. This will come down to a tight focus on your macronutrients (not just calories but carbs, protein, fats, etc) and your workout routine.

Just a thought.

114 is not the lowest recommended weight for 5'3" - 107 is for a BMI of 19 - see this chart http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmi-chart.php

but my point is that we each have a different size frame and we have to do what works for us. I have a small frame and still notice areas of my body i need to improve. if i lose fat, gain muscle and stay the same weight, that's fine, i just want to work on it. i know a few underweight people who struggle to get to the lowest acceptable BMI to be healthy. It is all relative to your body size/frame, body fat percentage, and metabolism.
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    In your pictures, you have an adorable figure, perhaps you need to lose the boyfriend (just kidding), but seriously your weight is fine. I think you are on the right track with the exercise, it sound like you want to tone up, that's what I need to do, also. I have seen lots of people using different work out DVD's, so if the gym is not a option, find some good work out DVD/s. Good luck, don't let a boy, change how you feel about yourself. Yeah, easier said then done.