Obese to fit and now a Personal Trainer

Options
I have always been in and out of the gym since I was 16 years old and would lose and gain weight but just never kept it off due to not knowing how to make the right choices of food. I made the decision to go back to the gym once again on September 27th 2011 and in January my wife started with me on making the right food choices for our family. I have now lost 72 lbs and have reached my goal. Tina (my wife) has lost 64 lbs and is nearing her goal. During this change we have had several people ask us to help them as well. With this I enrolled in the Certified Personal Trainer program through NASM and received my certification on October 22nd 2012 and yesterday got hired by a local health club as a certified personal trainer. My wife is enrolled in a fitness nutrition course and currently helping others make better food choices, track and lose weight.

If you truly want something then you go after it, It may not be an easy road with out setbacks but you get back up and keep at it.

8247686972_cd09958fba.jpg
Steve weight Timeline copy by rubysphoto, on Flickr

7462573046_70f2d81915.jpg
before-after1 by rubysphoto, on Flickr

Replies

• lauren_gibbons
    lauren_gibbons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story Steve. Since I have started hitting the gym again this year I have been loving it and always think I would not mind doing a personal training course in order to at least teach the odd spin class in my local gym. Hopefully I will get around doing this soon.And congrats to your wife, must be great having a healthy family.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wonderful work! and congratulations to both you and your wife.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Damn, lookin good! :) Great job!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Awesome journey together! You both look great! Congrats!
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Super well done
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    OMG you look so young now! I had to look carefully at your pics because you look like your own son when you compare the beginning pic to the end. WELL DONE :smile:
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very inspiring :):):)
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are proof that it can be done:) Very inspiring!!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Great!
  • shev11
    shev11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger now as well :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Excellent transformation! Thanks for sharing your story... you will inspire many others through your actions!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG you look so young now! I had to look carefully at your pics because you look like your own son when you compare the beginning pic to the end. WELL DONE :smile:
    Ditto! Fantastic and very inspiring!
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    congratulations x 10
    thumbs up x 12
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    THIS is why I'm on here! GREAT job!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    That is very inspiring, congrats!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    what an amazing story! proof that anything is possible :)
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you. And even more proud that you are using your skills to help others as well! Keep up the awesome work. You are a walking testament!!!
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm taking my nasm test dec. 21st , 2012 you have any tips on the test ? Which parts would you recommend to pay extra attention to and if you remember any of the questions thanks !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!