Do you feel skinny even with the extra skin?

Options
HI everyone!

I have lost 80lbs and i am getting pretty close to goal weight. I know i have come a long long way but i still cant help but look down at my tummy and feel FAT still. I know its mainly skin but there is some fat under there i am sure. I have a split gut tummy so i fear i will never have that beautiful toned V zone. I fear i will always have to pull my pants over my skin/flub or hide it somehow. I know you can go the surgical route but i dont think that will be possible for a very long time. I am working on core right now and lifting so im hoping over time itll somewhat get better. Anyway, the question is...How many of you still have a hard time feeling thin with all the extra skin? Have you gotten past it, is so, how? Etc I sometimes dont feel any different than 80 lbs ago. I mean i certainly would rather have this over weighing 80lbs more again but its still hard to get your mind to catch up.

Here are a couple pictures of my skin/flab (these were taken maybe a month ago, the blue shirt one was take a wk ago)

100_1334.jpg

100_1346.jpg

100_1345.jpg

I look much thinner in clothes & that's why people always say you look great dont lose anymore etc

8432715_137.jpg

Replies

• dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Girl, I completely understand. I usually don't feel skinny with all of my skin flab :( I am working hard with cardio and 30DS I hope it gets smaller or disappears haha :(
  • pilatemom
    Options
    I just had a baby and have 35 pounds to lose. I'm POSITIVE I'll have loose skin because it's already sagging and I'm still FAT. I have a million stretchmarks, that are awful, dark red and purple and COVERING my entire stomach. But to answer your question, yes I probably will still feel fat.
  • soliddreams
    Options
    I've lost 130 pounds (then gained some back the right way) but I can be really, really lean and then look at myself and see the drooping skin and just be like "SO FAT".

My skin has slowly recovered over time, a lot of it is going to be time+eating healthy foods so it doesn't have an excuse to go back to flab.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    God, I wish I had a better answer. I only feel like "me" when I have a shaper on. My doc already told me easily I have 10lbs of skin even with my heavy lifting routine. I look at myself in the mirror and cry (literally). Not only did I hurt my organs and body from the weight, but until I can afford it I will have this disgusting reminder everyday that I REALLY f*cked up. I feel like it is laughing at me. Taunting me. "you'll never get the body you want" it tells me. I beat it with ab workouts and heavy lifting. It still laughs at me. "I am not going anywhere" as I strap it down with a shaper.

I hope this changes but for now all I see is a 300lb person I used to be and not the person I am today. I try positive affirmations but it is so hard with this skin.
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Moms out there: this site might make you feel better.

http://theshapeofamother.com/
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    God, I wish I had a better answer. I only feel like "me" when I have a shaper on. My doc already told me easily I have 10lbs of skin even with my heavy lifting routine. I look at myself in the mirror and cry (literally). Not only did I hurt my organs and body from the weight, but until I can afford it I will have this disgusting reminder everyday that I REALLY f*cked up. I feel like it is laughing at me. Taunting me. "you'll never get the body you want" it tells me. I beat it with ab workouts and heavy lifting. It still laughs at me. "I am not going anywhere" as I strap it down with a shaper.

I hope this changes but for now all I see is a 300lb person I used to be and not the person I am today. I try positive affirmations but it is so hard with this skin.

Oh gosh, you nailed it. At least you have us ladies that can support you and plus we know what it is like to have the extra skin flab :(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    OP, you look fantastic! I don't notice any of that skin in the blue-shirt pictures. Great job.

It does take a while for your brain to catch up. For me, it was buying size 10s. That day I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror.

Don't terrorize yourself with your own thoughts! (That's for the poster with all the negative voices in her head)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    The seaweed wraps really do help to tighten up loose skin... so does using spanx regularly. Good luck and great job on your weightloss!
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    I am in the same exact boat. Four kids and weight gain, and now loss has left my tummy looking exactly like yours. After losing this much weight you want to have a perfect hot bod but like you said, I would rather have a less than perfect tummy than the pounds. SO make the best of it, focus on how far you have came, how good you look in your clothes. Focus on your nice arms or legs or whatever your favorite part of your body is. Congratulations on your weight loss, enjoy it!
  • georgie304
    Options
    Same problem. 125 lbs lost and have ALOT of loose skin...but I see it as fat! With clothes... I am lookin goooood... Nekkid..not so much.
  • Sjb_882
    Options
    wow 80 lbs is a huge accomplishment ! congrats. I can't relate because my HW is 150 and my ugw is 125. Is surgery an option? I wouldn't want surgery but what are your options to get rid of the skin?
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby and have 35 pounds to lose. I'm POSITIVE I'll have loose skin because it's already sagging and I'm still FAT. I have a million stretchmarks, that are awful, dark red and purple and COVERING my entire stomach. But to answer your question, yes I probably will still feel fat.

Blahhhhhhhhhh this is my sam problem. after i had my daughter i was 225. my cw is 164 & my goal is 150. but i feel no matter what i do or how much i lose i will still feel overweight and gross bc of my stomach :( im too young for the surgical route (25) but i am not happy with it! just a bummer!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If it helps at all, I think you look gorgeous and you should be so proud of yourself.

Give it time, that skin will start to tighten up, i've heard lots of water and core work helps.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could all get a group discount on tummy tucks... I need one for the flappy arm thing too!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Same problem. 125 lbs lost and have ALOT of loose skin...but I see it as fat! With clothes... I am lookin goooood... Nekkid..not so much.

I want to look sexy naked! I want to be able to have a flat tummy (not even asking for a 6pk), i wanna wear a bikini, i want my belly button pierced, i want to have that sexy "V"! Someday maybe....
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Blahhhhhhhhhh this is my same problem. after i had my daughter i was 225. my cw is 164 & my goal is 150. but i feel no matter what i do or how much i lose i will still feel overweight and gross bc of my stomach :( im too young for the surgical route (25) but i am not happy with it! just a bummer!

I was 225lbs after having my son too. He is now 20 months old. I am now 145lbs, wanting to be about 130....This stomach needs to get outta the way of me seeing just how much progress ive done. I almost wear a small in shirts & size 8 in pant but i still feel fat!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 50 lbs. I too have some loose skin. I also wish it would go away faster than it does. I am hoping by this summer it is a little better. I am alot older than you but I still want to look good!!
    So Good Luck to all of us.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here too. Although most of my "extra" is hanging more so from my rear than my stomach area. I still have issues with that area though, I have noticed an improvement in the "apron" that hangs across my hips though. After walking for 5+ miles 4-5 times a week over the summer and now getting back into my Jillian dvds this past month. But to answer your question, no I still don't feel skinny, even though I have gone from a size 18 pants to an 8 this past year. Hoping I can get my mind to catch up soon too. HUGS!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Right now I don't see a lot of "extra skin" per say...perhaps a lil' flab here and there but I feel "thinner" in spite of. 80lbs is a great accomplishment and though you say you "feel fat", you don't look fat. I would have to suggest trying to "tone" and tighten, with exercise, and if that does not produce the results, perhaps you can consult with a cosmetic surgeon when the money is right. Kudos for your accomplishments though and don't look at the negatives--you've achieved something tht some of us are still working on. You're beautiful :)
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    Ugh. I not only have that problem I also have saggy thigh skin :( I know this wont make you feel any better but you have AWESOME legs! At least you dont have both problems :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!