Maintaining and Looking for Friends

biokim17
biokim17 Posts: 21 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All!
I have only been on MFP for a few weeks, and I am looking for some friends. I am currently at my goal weight, and I have found that the people that I spend time with don't really want to listen to what I am doing to improve my health, and maintain my weight. It took me a few months to get where I am, and although my friends have been supportive, now that I am at my goal weight, all I hear is "oh your skinny, i don't want to hear about your calories". I think its just as hard to maintain as it is to loose (I've lost this same weight at least twice now), and I'm hoping there are others out there who have had a similar experience. Thanks.

Replies

• olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    people have no idea what we go through to maintain our goal weight!! I, too, have lost the same weight SEVERAL times!! Whenever I get to my goal weight...I live in constant fear of slipping back...I know that if I let my guard down, even for a second i could slide back where i have been may times before! I sometimes feel like food is my addiction.... I would be happy to be "friends" and talk calories and exercise with you!! I will be here for awhile...my last "slide" back was a big one! I am going to win my fight...it is just going to take me a little longer....
  • Hello! I'm new here too. I'm naturally a small person. But I know that I'm horribly out of shape. I need more motivation/support to get healthy and stay that way... and that's why I've signed up for MFP! I definitely agree with you that it is difficult to maintain weight. I heard on the news that women of whatever age ( i can't remember which age ) should work out for an hour a day just to maintain their current weight. That's scary!!! I certainly don't have an hour a day to spend in the gym, not to mention how much I hate working out and feeling tired and sweaty, hahaha. :D
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    1 of the things I love about MFP is that it seems many people don't care where you're at in your journey, they just want to help and be helped! Some of my friends have less than 20 lbs and some more than 100.

Love this place!

*group hug*
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,633 Member
    Hi,

I'm a long way from my goal weight but I've been at my goal weight and intermediate stops more than once. And I've lost 40+ or more to get there. I've always said that losing weight is a lot easier than not gaining weight.

This time my goal is to focus on learning how to maintain before I get there. I don't have any answers but I've been trying to collect the thoughts of others and write out my thoughts along the way. I started a blog on MFP and I've re-posted some posts others have written on it. I link back to them and their original posts so if you want to take a look - my blog address is in my signature.

I've been on MFP for three months now and I agree 100% with mvl1014 - this is a very friendly and supportive group of people.
  • biokim17
    biokim17 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you, and helping to support each other. JeanneTops, I will definately check out your blog.
This discussion has been closed.