Where are the MOTHERS who lost weight?

Options

Replies

• tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 a 3 and 1 year old. I have lost all year, add me we can be friends!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Meeee....I am a mother of an 8 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. I started at 187.6 January 2nd and I am now at 143.0....my advice is to not wait until your kids get older. lol
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I will be delivering a baby girl in March!
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me to the club. I have two little ones 2 1/2 and 7 months. I've lost all the weight I gained when I was pregnant already, but I was chunky before the babies, and I still have a ways to go!
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mommy to a 3.5 year old and a 2.5 year old

I'm down 57lbs since January with 13 lbs to my goal weight. At 41 years old, I am in the best shape of my life!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My baby is 42 now!
    But thanks to myfitnesspal I am in the shape of my life and Loving it!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

<
    This girl right here has gone from highest weight of 257.....233 when joined MFP in January 2012.....now a healthy 168 @ 5'8. It can be done!! I have lots of pix in my profile.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's gotten a bit harder with the last 2, but I did get down to 118 after #3 (he was about 22 months by then) and am at 127, working down to 120 after #4 … I think age is a bigger factor than how many kids (and I was overweight before getting pregnant with #4, but gained less during the pregnancy)

Right now, you can focus on eating well (maintenance plus 300 is generally a good rule of thumb, I set system to gain 1/2 lb) and staying active as long as there's no counterindications in your pregnancy - walking and swimming are great. It's easier, after, to continue healthy habits.

ETA: I'm 5'0", 4 kids
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 7 - eldest is 8; youngest are 10 months (twins). I have gained a total of 275 pounds from the pregnancies, but I am currently at my wedding weight! ( I worked on losing it after each one. I never had all that weight with me at the same time.) I want to lose about 10 more. It is a struggle each time to lose it, but so worth it to not have all that weight with me. If you are planning on nursing, just make sure you keep enough calories to keep up milk supply. If I get overly abitious and eat too little, the supply goes down. However, the nursing also uses a lot of calories too. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a mummy of a 3.5 year old boy and an 18 month old girl. I piled on the weight in my 2nd pregnancy (they say girls steal your beauty haha) and I've lost 51lbs since she was 8 weeks old. I still have another 10-15lbs to go until I'm the weight I want to be!

Me with small daughter:
    100_2010.jpg
    host images

Me in Sept:
    100_7692.jpg
    picture sharing

I am thinner now but don't have any good current pics to upload.
  • VixensDemon
    VixensDemon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 (9 & 14) 34 years old.

Lost 50lb so far scene June with 50 more to go!

Getting into good habits now is key. Not only for you but to pass on to your children. I'm trying to unteach years of "eat whatever when ever"
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have two teenagers. They have both commented on how "skinny" I've gotten, though I'm still not skinny. :laugh:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am a Mom of 3 girls ages 5, 4, and 16 months. I discovered MFP after my last pregnancy (wish I had discovered MFP a lot sooner). I joined MFP last November---6 weeks after I gave birth. I am now healthier and smaller than I was when I got married almost 11 years ago. I tried on my wedding dress a few weekends ago out of curiosity---and it was baggy on me everywhere.

I am 5'1 and 31 years old. I am sitting at 115 lbs now and I haven't been this small in ages----probably since I was in college. It feels great. I never thought that I would ever be below 130 lbs again, heck the fact that I am under 120 lbs amazes me. It is doable---good luck:flowerforyou: . Anyone feel free to add me as a friend (most of my friends are either shorties like me, a mom, or are currently doing ChaLean Extreme).
  • Kaydee1084
    Kaydee1084 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mom here of 2! Ages 4 and 2. I'm 5'9 and was 198 when I had my son. I breastfed and worked out and went from a size 18 in jeans to a 9 in 10 months. Its not easy you just have to stick with it :) Feel free to ad me!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 (ages 7 and 4).
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a mom of a beautiful baby boy. He is almost 2 now. I gained 70lbs with him. I had also gained a lot of weight before I had him. have since lost the 70lbs I gained and almost 55lbs more! I still want to lose about 100 more. Feel free to add me! I love friends that are in it for the long run and who love to support each other! =)
  • Annieloujackson
    Annieloujackson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here: ages 5, 4, 2, and 1 month. I used mfp to keep track of calories while pregnant, but having trouble now that I'm postpartum and bfing. I was thinking I'll just aim to maintain till after the 6-week mark, then start exercising and adjusting calories. We'll see. :-) I'm getting very motivated by this thread!! <3
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 girls, 10, 6 and 2 years old.
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Another mom here. He's 8, though. I wish I would have gotten myself under control after he was born. I was 104 when I got pregnant, 191 when I delivered, and 145 by the time he was 6 weeks old. However in 2008 I gained 65 pounds due to depression. I've lost 22 of them this year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!