Replies

• sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Way to go, looking GREAT!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, how can the tops still fit? Congrats to you!

Jersey knits stretch a lot! LOL Actually, in the top set the top was just about stretched to it's limit on the left (it was from years earlier when I was a lot lighter) and on the right it's too big. It was the same pair of pants. In the bottom picture it was a size 2X smock top bought when I was already heavy, so on the right it was much too big. In that set, the pants on the left were size 18 (same pants as in the top pictures), the ones on the right are size 8!
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Love your "old me-new me" pictures! :D
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So excellent to see! I can't believe you did that in one year!!! I find being >50 makes weight loss so slow (it couldn't be my lack of discipline, noooo!)... You look fantastic! I'll bet you feel great, too. Does your doctor know, or will you surprise him/her??? (I'd like to see that face!) ha!!!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WooHoo....you are looking good.
  • InPieces3
    Options
    I love reading stories of how MFP has helped people. Really... this is the best site if used right. Congratulations!!!! You look so very healthy. :)
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    why not post? Gotta show off the results of your hard work.

well done!! You look great
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! :-) glad you posted for encouragement to others!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    wow that's fantastic! also, your hair is gorgeous!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing! What a difference!! You look fabulous, congratulations :)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone, for the compliments!
    wow that's fantastic! also, your hair is gorgeous!

Alas, shortly after the October photos, I cut 15 inches off and donated it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, where the hair is used to make wigs for adult women cancer patients. The hair is currently long enough to reach my collar bone, but will grow back soon enough, I guess. At the point where I cut the hair that I donated, it was still mostly my natural color (they require donated hair to be no more than 5% gray/white) but the hair that's left has much more gray, so this was my only opportunity to donate and have it actually be used in the wigs.
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Okay, wasn't sure if I was going to post these or not, but here goes! I weighed 190 punds in September 2011, and managed to lose only 4 pounds by 1/1/12, so I started 2012 at 186 pounds. I lost a few more pounds on my own, but was really struggling until I joined MFP in March 2012, which made it much easier for me to see the whole calories in/calories out and helped me to regulate my intake and exercise. Finally, after much hard work, I made my goal of 135 in mid October 2012! I am currently waiting to talk to my Dr. next week to see if he thinks I should go much lower (I've lost 4 more pounds since then trying to figure out my maintaining calories and exercise). Anyhow, here are some pictures to show the difference it's made:

Left taken December 2011 at 186 pounds, right taken October 2012 at 135 pounds (same pose to show the difference)

Christmas-2011-at-Sears-house-002_SideBySide.jpg

Left taken August 2011 at 190 pounds, right taken October 2012 at 135 pounds (same pose to show the difference)

August-2011-at-UD_SideBySide-1-1.jpg

WOW congrats! you look amazing!!
  • HananYako30
    HananYako30 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW, Congratulations
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are amazing!! Great job :)
  • shaylala03
    Options
    WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :drinker: awesome accomplishment ! You look great.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!
  • cherylea1
    cherylea1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! So happy for you! You are an inspiration to us all and living proof we can all do it! How did you get your hips down specifically? My hips are something I have been struggling with for 5 years now.
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!