I BURN 1200CAL IN 77MIN ON TREADMILL! ADD ME!

Options

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    oh no hun, your doing the right thing because at least your doing something. when i learned about this trick, i thought i was doing something wrong, when in actuality NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS! I dont take great info & keep it to myself; I want to share it with everyone who will listen.
    BUT IF UR NOT DOING 90 DEGREES UR NOT DOING IT WRITE

*RIGHT. How so? I started my weight loss journey 09/09/2012 at 262lbs....today i am 218.4lbs. Has anyone ever scientifically proven that it isnt the "right" way? because it looks like it is working to me.
    U BURN MORE IF YOU SET IT TO 90 DEGREES UR MISSING OUT IF U DONT
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I prefer to set my treadmill to 180 degrees
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *blink*
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'll text you tonight

I'm probably not an appropriate addition to your FL, but I just wanted to let you know DrMerc is a really awesome and supportive friend, and he will really a valuable addition to your cheer squad for your journey. :flowerforyou:

She is in the Top 5 of the smart ones on here. Listen to her she knows!! drmerc would love to help you.

I concur. DrMerc is totally awesome and will completely walk hand in hand with you on your journey to a lifestyle change.

Ok i will send a friend request. Thank you!
    Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    Why does this EXACT SAME POST appear under multiple forum topics? UNRELATED topics?

Because I posted them & in my opinion they are related. FITNESS & EXERCISE, MOTIVATION, INTRODUCE YOURSELF, ETC. IF YOU READ MY POST THEN YOU SEE ALL OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS I POSTED IN PERTAINS TO MY INFO. ITS NOT FOR PEOPLE TO HATE, HARASS, OR QUESTION MY POSTS AS IF I HAVENT ALREADY RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM A MFP STAFF MEMBER ABT THE POLICY I WAS UNAWARE OF? THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PPL WHO CLICK ON POSTS THAT RELATE TO THEMSELVES. THAT WAS MY ONLY AIM, SO IN OTHER WORDS, M.Y.O.B
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    thx hun.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    1. How are you calculating 1200 Calories? A. that's a lot in an hour... a 190lb man at 15%incline for one hour would burn 800cal (source livestrong.com) I do 15% incline at 3mph every morning that I'm not out actually hiking, the tread always tells me I'm at 525c / hour, but it's not taking into consideration my weight.

2. You're doing 77 minutes at 15% incline at 3.5/hr? That's pretty impressive. It's pretty tough on my legs as it is at 15% and 3mph I'd much rather run at %1 - %5 6-8mph than walk at %15 at 3mph.

• ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    oh no hun, your doing the right thing because at least your doing something. when i learned about this trick, i thought i was doing something wrong, when in actuality NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS! I dont take great info & keep it to myself; I want to share it with everyone who will listen.
    BUT IF UR NOT DOING 90 DEGREES UR NOT DOING IT WRITE

*RIGHT. How so? I started my weight loss journey 09/09/2012 at 262lbs....today i am 218.4lbs. Has anyone ever scientifically proven that it isnt the "right" way? because it looks like it is working to me.
    U BURN MORE IF YOU SET IT TO 90 DEGREES UR MISSING OUT IF U DONT

I dont understand, what is 90 degrees on a treadmill? lol
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Drmerc. He can show you the way.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    as long as you don't increase it that high and then hang onto that treadmill for dear life! i see people at the gym do that, and they're defeating the purpose. :(
    It drives me crazy when I see people at the gym do that. They think just because they are going 3.5-4.0 mph and have the incline to the sky they are burning the calories right off. Holding on completely defeats the purpose of all of that. If you hiking or walking high incline you have nothing to hold on to then, so don't hold on to the treadmill!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Because I posted them & in my opinion they are related. FITNESS & EXERCISE, MOTIVATION, INTRODUCE YOURSELF, ETC. IF YOU READ MY POST THEN YOU SEE ALL OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS I POSTED IN PERTAINS TO MY INFO. ITS NOT FOR PEOPLE TO HATE, HARASS, OR QUESTION MY POSTS AS IF I HAVENT ALREADY RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM A MFP STAFF MEMBER ABT THE POLICY I WAS UNAWARE OF? THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PPL WHO CLICK ON POSTS THAT RELATE TO THEMSELVES. THAT WAS MY ONLY AIM, SO IN OTHER WORDS, M.Y.O.B

tumblr_m92xxkspxh1qbze77o1_500.jpg

If using a treadmill on an incline is working for you then keep doing that. Find what works for you and do it consistently. That's the secret to success.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

^This!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Okkkkkk then.
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    1. How are you calculating 1200 Calories? A. that's a lot in an hour... a 190lb man at 15%incline for one hour would burn 800cal (source livestrong.com) I do 15% incline at 3mph every morning that I'm not out actually hiking, the tread always tells me I'm at 525c / hour, but it's not taking into consideration my weight.

2. You're doing 77 minutes at 15% incline at 3.5/hr? That's pretty impressive. It's pretty tough on my legs as it is at 15% and 3mph I'd much rather run at %1 - %5 6-8mph than walk at %15 at 3mph.

If you add my page, you will see. I am 23, 218 lbs, and I keep my heart rate between 150-175 by doing 15.0inc at 3.2 on an average day, when i feel my heart rate rising & i need to cool down, I stay at 15.0 and decrease my mph to 2.5 on average and only stay here no more then 1 min.
  • TheSojuCroc
    TheSojuCroc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It's a hyperbole. A 90 degree angle would mean that the treadmill is perpendicular to the floor or in other words standing straight up like a pole in the ground.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    PU PUSH IT REAL GOOD
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options

tumblr_m92xxkspxh1qbze77o1_500.jpg

If using a treadmill on an incline is working for you then keep doing that. Find what works for you and do it consistently. That's the secret to success.

522416_482635075115245_697945035_n.jpg

Thank you! I also do turbo fire. Add me if you already havent! :) i love positive and supportive people.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

It's a hyperbole. A 90 degree angle would mean that the treadmill is perpendicular to the floor or in other words standing straight up like a pole in the ground.

wow. Solid 1st post!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_tlMVpGATCS3WdwAKuVvylPZq362QsHI67UWjmEjp3SHWSFyR
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    as long as you don't increase it that high and then hang onto that treadmill for dear life! i see people at the gym do that, and they're defeating the purpose. :(
    It drives me crazy when I see people at the gym do that. They think just because they are going 3.5-4.0 mph and have the incline to the sky they are burning the calories right off. Holding on completely defeats the purpose of all of that. If you hiking or walking high incline you have nothing to hold on to then, so don't hold on to the treadmill!

As i said previously, my posts are people who are interested, not haters. So move ur hate elsewhere, smh