any success on Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse?

Options

Replies

• rosewhore
    Options
    Reguardless of what you think of Dr. Oz, he has helped lots of people lose weight who might not otherwise have done so. What's wrong with that?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    quack-attack-duck-4-decal.jpg
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    No.
    :angry:
    :angry: :angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :mad: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :angry: :mad: :mad: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :explode:

:flowerforyou:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    No.
    :angry:
    :angry: :angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :mad: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :angry: :mad: :mad: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad: :explode:

:flowerforyou:

Meanwhile+in+Earth_359b82_4146488.jpg

To summarize, no.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Reguardless of what you think of Dr. Oz, he has helped lots of people lose weight who might not otherwise have done so. What's wrong with that?

Looks like another unsubstantiated claim to me!
  • mystry11
    Options
    HELL no :explode:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

From the look of his audience he needs to try harder.
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow. I didn't know people felt so strongly about Dr. Oz. I'm not some moron who listens to everything I hear on "the TV". I also have no expectations of using a cleanse for weight loss. I was just hoping to hear from people who have tried it.

Not a bunch of condescending comments about how it is foolish to do a cleanse, or how Dr. Oz is a quack. He is a heart surgeon, and I understand what pseudo-science is.

I also believe that our country needs to focus more on preventing health issues rather than treating them.

Oh and duh clean eating is the answer, however easier said than done.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm on day one. The breakfast smoothie is delicious. I already entered the calories for the first three shakes and it comes out to 1007, and once I choose a snack shake it will equal a little over my daily calorie limit. Since it has plenty of calories i'm hoping I won't be too hungry.

"it comes out to 1007, and once I choose a snack shake it will equal a little over my daily calorie limit. " - Cleanses are not necessary. Why not just eat super healthy foods instead of a liquid diet?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Wow. I didn't know people felt so strongly about Dr. Oz. I'm not some moron who listens to everything I hear on "the TV". I also have no expectations of using a cleanse for weight loss. I was just hoping to hear from people who have tried it.

Not a bunch of condescending comments about how it is foolish to do a cleanse, or how Dr. Oz is a quack. He is a heart surgeon, and I understand what pseudo-science is.

I also believe that our country needs to focus more on preventing health issues rather than treating them.

"Oh and duh clean eating is the answer, however easier said than done." - For me it would be a lot easier and more satisfying then juicing everything! Not to mention 3 days of juice would give me a wicked case of diarrhea :sick:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Snort.
    Exactly. He preys upon the desperate to make money with useless salves and pills like all charlatans and snake oil salesmen.
  • plumerialei
    Options

I like him too and think he has a great message! And easy on the eyes:) Plus, he is prob. way more educated than all the people who are making thesebremarks. He is a medical doctor and surgeon after all.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Clean eating, whatever that means, is the answer to what?

And a 3 day cleanse is related to focusing on preventing health issues how exactly?
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    oz.jpg
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I tried to start the cleanse last week and couldn't get down the lunch or dinner smoothie, just wasn't going to happen! I decided to eat clean (no processed food, whole foods with one ingredient) instead. Let us know how it works for you!

Yup, it was my idea. Gross, gross, gross!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

I like him too and think he has a great message! And easy on the eyes:) Plus, he is prob. way more educated than all the people who are making thesebremarks. He is a medical doctor and surgeon after all.

He is a doctor and a surgeon but that mean's nothing about what he has become. I"m sure he's great when he is doing his cardiac job however now that he has been on TV for so long he has lost a lot of credibility.

First off, he is a heart surgeon... not a nutrionist. He used to have a lot of good information on his show however now he has become a salesman. He knows (and various companies know) that people will believe what he says and take what he recommends because he is a doctor. He has just become someone who will push any pill that someone pays him to push.. not because it actually works.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Why do people cleanse?

I thought that was the bodies job. That is it's primary function. No? I mean, all your organs are filtering for you. I think someone told me they like to clean out the filters. But, the body is an organism, not a static filter. It cleans itself without your help. LOL. At least, that's what I'm going with.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Please don't assume because someone is a medical doctor and surgeon that they are healthy or may educate you on how to be healthy. My husband's father, a revered orthopedic surgeon, was over 400lbs and died from complications leading from a tooth infection. He was the epitome of bad health habits.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options

How is clean eating easier said than done?? It is a heck of a lot easier than grinding things up in a blender and drinking shakes all day long. You buy the fruits, veggies and lean meats ... you cook them and eat them. Simple and much healthier than drinking shakes all day.

Where's your protein? Where's your fiber?
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

"Oh and duh clean eating is the answer, however easier said than done." - For me it would be a lot easier and more satisfying then juicing everything! Not to mention 3 days of juice would give me a wicked case of diarrhea :sick:

Which is why people claim it works....

Ask those same people a few weeks after they do it and let me know how that works out.