My fat stomach -__-

Options
So I've lost 23 pounds so far, and I admit that I have noticed changes across my body (subtle changes because I'm kinda tall) but seriously I'm almost 100% sure my stomach has not budged one bit, if not gotten even bigger. I swear it looks just much softer, jigglier....just, worse than it was when I started.

It feels really pointless for me to even do ab exercises when my muscles are just covered up by all that fat...
Anyone have pointers for this? AKA should I do the ab exercises anyway even though my muscles literally are no where even remotely close to showing?

Tips/moves that target belly fat burn? (I know you can't target reduce, but I have seen where some activities are proven to burn your gut off more than others)

Anyone used to have a Pillsbury doughboy stomach like me and shed it all off & have abs now? (please oh please just someone tell me they've done it and it is possible. I'm losing hope.)

Replies

• NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Dead-lifts.
  • jennie5565
    jennie5565 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My stomach fat was the last to go :/ Targeting belly fat will not work. The closer you get to your goal the more noticeable stomach fat will disappear. I wish this wasn't true but it is....
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! I hate my stretched out stomach!!! I feel like it will never change.
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen... So cut all processed carbs and junk food.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and any compound strength exercises, watch your sodium to avoid bloat and keep trying!

Your belly probably hasnt gotten bigger, it may just look softer because your limbs are leaning up.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights. Squats, deadlifts, etc. I didn't notice much of a difference in my midsection until I started lifting weights again. It's only been a few months and I've already seen positive changes.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep losing fat, belly fat is usually the last to go and realize that you have overstretched that skin so it may not ever completely go back to flat.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights. Squats, deadlifts, etc. I didn't notice much of a difference in my midsection until I started lifting weights again. It's only been a few months and I've already seen positive changes.

Agreed. I have been lifting heavy for three months and I have noticed the MOST difference in my midsection.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My stomach fat was the last to go :/ Targeting belly fat will not work. The closer you get to your goal the more noticeable stomach fat will disappear. I wish this wasn't true but it is....

Unfortunately, this is true. You'll lose it little by little from all over.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    squatz and oatz
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have the problem with my waist as well... I'm told plyometrics works. So, I just started that this week.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Join the club.:sad:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen... So cut all processed carbs and junk food.

Funny story... this is mostly true. You still do need to exercise, combining strength, stretching & cardio, though once I started to eat "clean", my stomach has shown the biggest difference. I have a strong core from the varying workouts I do, but I thought my abs would forever be covered by fat as I used to be well over 215lbs. I've refined my eating & recently lost an inch of fat from my mid-section & dropped my BF from 21% to 18.6% within the last couple months (yes, I workout & mix up between tai-chi, yoga & pilates to kickboxing, martial arts & weight training).

Key is to find something you enjoy & just keep at it: don't ever give up. The adrenalin rush alone from good workouts can change your perspective of you!
  • rosewhore
    Options
    After loosing 108 lbs. I still have a fat stomach, albeit a smaller one. I know many people will not like me saying this but I plan to get an abdominalplasty (tummy tuck) when I reach my goal weight. Not all fat can be eliminated with exercise and diet alone.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My fat stomach seems to be the last to go. My trainer says it is fairly normal.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Do abs exercises because strengthening your core is good for you - it helps prevent injury and gives you better balance and posture (which is good for your back). But it's not going to help the fat go any faster. Just keep working at it, sometimes it seems like things are going the wrong way, but they'll go the right way soon! If you haven't done actual measurements and/or before shots, I would do that now. I didn't think my abs had changed with Ripped in 30, but the photos of before and after told a very different story.
  • MissMandroid
    MissMandroid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also a tall girl (5'11), and most of my height is in my limbs (I have a 36inch inseam).....I can totally identify with your frustration about your stomach...I was in the same exact boat.... I started doing Tiffany Rothe's lower ab workout regularly (part 2 is better than part 1), and have started seeing a noticeable difference. Hope this helps! It is only 10minutes, and I included a link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7kcKvtcziI
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot train. It will eventually "let go".. In my case it is the last to go, hanging on for dear life! Keep trying it will pay off. My trainer at the gym said to find something that will really make you sweat a lot!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You need to make diet adjustments to get rid of the belly bulge along with both cardio and strength training.