I'm about to give in...

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
So I know today is pretty much shot because I'm going to dinner to a mexican place for a frineds birthday tonight. So I logged that and that alone is like 2000 calories so im already wayyyyyyyyyyy over. I went to the gym 5 days this week so far including this morning. I'm getting the mentality that hey today is already shot i might as well eat what ever i want and not worry about it today...ugh I know thats bad but today really is pretty bad. I'm going to the gym tomorrow too so that will make 6 days this week(which was my goal) so i guess im asking..if i do just throw in the towel for today will that like erase my hard work for the week?..well i didnt do very well this week actually with eating but o well. And tomorrow is a new day and I'm getting right back on the horse...

Sooo yah..I want to know if its okay if i quit for the day lol

keep in mind I DID GO TO THE GYM THIS MORN!

Replies

• raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    what will you be happy about / what will you regret tomorrow?
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    Oh no! Don't throw in the towel. You can have it all sweetie and you deserve it. You have done a combination of AWESOME and average this week. Now do the same for today. Eat a healthy breakfast. Eat a light and healthy lunch and if you overdo dinner a little it will not add up to much. It's the accumulation of good and not so good choices we make that really makes a difference. Also there are certain things you can do to minimize the mexican food. Stay away from the free chips. If you must have some wait until your food arrives, take TWELVE of them and put them on your plate and have them remove the basket or scooch it toward people who are devouring them. Then have them box up half your dinner as soon as they bring it. Eat one half then and the other tomorow morning for breakfast. Try please and you will feel so amazing. I know how this feels and you can do both. You can be healthy and be FREE!
  • candice007
    Options
    hey dont beat yourself up...its ok to have a cheat day to eat whatever you want...just know that your body needs it so that your body doesn't think that you are starving it while eating healthy 6 days out of the week...dont give up because you are excercising and the only thing that will come from excercising is weight loss...

the best advice i can give to you during the week lower your carb intake and pic one day like a friday or a saturday to eat whatever you want..now on your cheat day you may gain a pd or two but know that during the week you are keeping your carb intake low so it will maxmimize your weight loss...make sure you are doing alot of cardio and different excercises that can trick the body...
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way babe. If 1lb is 3500 calories and your dinner is already 2000...are you going to spend the next week beating yourself up and moaning about the fact that you've put on a lb because of just one day??? I know I would, and I think you would too.

Look at tonights meal as a reward for all the hard work you've put in at the gym this week, but keep on track during the day because otherwise it's a slippery slope downhill!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should give up. What could you POSSIBLY want to eat tonight that's 2000 calories? Girl, it's not worth it. A splurge every now and then is okay but you're contemplating this, it's not spur-of-the-moment or an accident, and 2000 calories is a TON, and you said that's just for dinner? You'll probably end up consuming close to 3500 calories, which we all know is a pound.

Are those 2000 calories, that fatty mexican food, really worth all your hard work? Like I said on your profile, I think you should re-evaluate your dinner and find something healthier. Maybe one of those salads in the taco shell? Add chicken so it fills you up and eat SOME chips & salsa... watch the chips, the salsa you don't really have to worry about...
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i feel the same way.....but we can't, we just can't. what good is that going to do us? huh? stick with it. get back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on the day already, just use that as motivation to eat very well all day, then it's ok to cheat tonight. Get lots of exercise in today, and drink a lot of water. I think if you "quit" on the day already you will be sorry. And I don't know what kind of mexican place you are going to tonight, but there has to be something you can eat, and enjoy without eating 2000 calories. Have just a handful of chips with salsa instead of a basket. Eat slow, enjoy every taste. Drink lots of water in between bites. Order the fajitas, but use only half the tortillas, and stuff them FULL. Use sour cream and guac but maybe just half of the normal. Even if you want to just let loose tonight, making better choices during the day prior to tonight will help you not to feel guilty. Please don't give up already!!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Don't give up or give in...and DON'T beat yourself up!!! Eat healthy the rest of the day...fruits and veggies and then allow yourself the dinner splurge. I always love this quote: "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". Not to mention, the regret isn't worth it nor is the food hangover!!! :wink:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you planning to eat that's 2,000 calories? Change your planned menu! I ate pizza until I was sick last night (stupid, stupid, stupid) and it was only 2,700 calories. Don't quit on today, but sure as hell revise the plan for tonight!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yes girl, do what you want; just be ready to hop right back on the train! I am contemplating a cheat day today also.. I hahve twix in my purse..lmao.
    **& you went to the gym this AM? Girl, your good!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you planning to eat that's 2,000 calories? Change your planned menu! I ate pizza until I was sick last night (stupid, stupid, stupid) and it was only 2,700 calories. Don't quit on today, but sure as hell revise the plan for tonight!

Well I just want to overestimate..i dont know if thats how much it would be
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Generic - Restaurant Style Refried Beans, 2 cup 932 cals, change this to 1/2 cup will put calories to 233
    Old Elpaso - Enchilada Sauce, 1/4 Cup 25
    Don Pablo's - Beef Enchilada, 1 Enchilada 263
    Del Taco - Regular Hard Beef Taco, 1 Taco 130
    3 Fat Chicks Recipe - Mexican Rice, 1 cup 400, change this to 1/2 cup will put to 200 cals
    Chevy's Fresh Mex - Chips & Salsa, 3 basket 1,350, skip the chips and Salsa

This will change your Dinner from 3100 cals down to 851.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I agree - what are you planning to eat that's 2000 calories? Can you make a better choice? Can you choose to eat 1/2 of what you want?
    But even if you decide that yes, you are going to eat a 2000 calorie meal... then no, don't let it ruin your day! Get in an extra workout today, drink LOTS of water (Mexican is high in sodium), eat a light lunch. A bad meal or bad moment does not have to = a bad day! We all have moments that we splurge... that's called life... but we don't have to scrap the whole day.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    I agree, you can have your "cheat dinner" tonight. But I would definitely try to keep the cals low on your other meals for the day!! Just make sure to eat light the remainder of the weekend as well and get right back on track. It's those constant "cheat days" without balanced healthier eating and exercise that make us so unknowingly pack on a few lbs here and there and the next thing you know you see a pic of yourself and thing OMG when did I get so fat?! Hehe... well at least that's what made me finally wise up and want to start to change my lifestyle. I absolutely love MFP and how it is helping me to put everything into perspective!! Keep up with it! Good luck :-)

~Donna :drinker:
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    I think your calories may be WAY off
    For instance ....

Chevy's Fresh Mex - Chips & Salsa, 3 basket 1,350 180 60 18

I doubt that you are going to sit there and by yourself eat 3 baskets of chips and salsa. I'd be surprised if you even ate a whole basket by yourself.

And 2 cups of refried beans? That seems like an awful lot of refried beans.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am actually lookin forward to a dinner at a Mexican restaurant tonight as well. . . but I am with the rest of the folks on here. . . If you go in knowing what you are going to get and stick to it, it won't kill you. . . you WON'T eat 3 baskets of chips by yourself,
    Log what you are planning on eating tonight and stick to it. . . that way you can enjoy your meal and not "give in".

Have fun, but not try to outeat the rest of the table by yourself!
  • Mickey73
    Mickey73 Posts: 19
    Options
    If you start now by throwing in the towel you will continue to do it more often. Don't beat yourself up over eating the 2000 calories that is not that bad. If you throw in the towel it is just more calories you are adding up and it will wipe away the hard calories that you have burned already by excerising. Stay on track and let yourself eat whatever you want once a week so you want give up. Good Luck!!!

I have been on weight watchers and have lost 73lbs so I know you can eat whatever for one day out of the week and still loss weight.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey, have fun with your friends tonight! I doubt if one night is going to make that big of a difference,
    BUT keep in the back of your head that you want to be HEALTHY, so as your chowing down on those taco's you wont go overboard.
    Eat slow.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    On cheat days eat an apple or something beforehand so you won't want to eat it all :wink:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    your 2000 calorie meal is approximately 180 minutes of vigorous swimming, 500 minutes of Pilates exercise, 160 minutes of stationary bike, 250 minutes of jogging, 280 minutes on the punching bag, 150 minutes of elliptical trainer or 170 minutes of step aerobics. :) did you work out that hard at the gym?