Muscle on a Woman

Options
jesz124
jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
I read loads of threads that refer to women heavy lifting, and how they will not bulk up, not gain much noticable muscle, will just look slimmer etc. Obviously this is awesome, and I very much enjoy the early results of weight lifting having been doing it for the past 4 months or so now.

I personally like the muscled look on a woman, I'm talking fitness realms here though not steroid enhanced bulk! I think a bit of obvious muscle on a woman is cool, and would eventually like to achieve this myself. Anyone with me on this? Just wondering as I read so much advice on weightlifting, not looking muscled etc. What about the ladies that actually want to look ripped? lol I know there are a few on here, they are sooo inspiring. Also whats the men's view on muscle bound ladies? Is less more? Or do you think it's hot? My OH isn't keen on muscle on a lady....we just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Views please!

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    You'll get as many answers on this as there are people - it's probably pretty subjective....

....but my 2p's worth is that muscles on girls are hot!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    That is my goal although I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Although I now have toned arms but I want it to look a bit more muscley.

A sufficient amount of muscle on a woman's body is actually sexy but too much will cause the opposite.
  • jesz124
    Options
    That is my goal although I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Although I now have toned arms but I want it to look a bit more muscley.

A sufficient amount of muscle on a woman's body is actually sexy but too much will cause the opposite.

Awesome profile pic!! What a transformation!
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    hell i dig muscles on women;D just sayin^_^
  • jesz124
    Options
    You'll get as many answers on this as there are people - it's probably pretty subjective....

Yeah I suppose your right, i was just pondering on the subject this morning. They tease me at work (knowing I do weights at the gym) asking me if I want to be a 'muscle woman'! It's only lighthearted though. People's views on women and weightlifting still seem to be in the dark ages sometimes!!
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options

Yeah I suppose your right, i was just pondering on the subject this morning. They tease me at work (knowing I do weights at the gym) asking me if I want to be a 'muscle woman'! It's only lighthearted though. People's views on women and weightlifting still seem to be in the dark ages sometimes!!

nothing wrong with u..they are just old fashioned, modernization is the key:D hell i wont even be able to work if i worked in same place as you cos id be staring at your muscular hot bod ha:D
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm the same I want to be toned and look strong, but not madonna arms. Doing weights 3 times a week increasing each week and having the protein to rebuild muscle. Hopefully see more definition with persistance.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    I'm the same I want to be toned and look strong, but not madonna arms. Doing weights 3 times a week increasing each week and having the protein to rebuild muscle. Hopefully see more definition with persistance.

what!? madonna dont even have big arms..its just mass all over lol believe me:P xD
  • GingerRunner
    Options
    Chicks with muscles are SMOKIN! Super-swole me, please. :D
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    Chicks with muscles are SMOKIN! Super-swole me, please. :D

^^ this me too plz
  • climbergirl2
    Options
    I lift weigths mainly to stay in shape and to train for climbing. I use heavy weigths low rep for strength and ligth weigths long reps for endurance. This gives you "quality" muscle that you can use in different sports, not just for athletic looking.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    My other half trains with me, eats like me, and looks slim and muscled, very sexy. I challenge anyone to say that this look:

abzilla.jpg

Is anything but a good attractive look?

Muscle on a woman is amazing, and for me there is no LIMIT because its HER body. Just in the same way some people cover themselves in piercings or tattoos, or get smashed every week on booze or over weight due to food choices.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I think hard-earned, sculpted muscle is the ideal for a woman, and always looks a lot more femininity than the "skinny fat" you see from ladies who get monogamous with the eliptical.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Matt_wild if that is your partner you are one lucky *kitten*.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Matt_wild if that is your partner you are one lucky *kitten*.

And I don't mean that offensively, obviously.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Muscles on a woman is sexy!!!
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    hell ye he is..-.- why dont i get training partners like that? all we have is our fatass coach xd
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    She is my other half, my good lady.

I'm lucky to have her but her results are down to her incredible determination, hard work and sticking to a good diet and not straying onto junk unless its one of the cheat meals, twice a week. No luck :smile:

Thanks guys for your kind words :flowerforyou:
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    She is my other half, my good lady.

I'm lucky to have her but her results are down to her incredible determination, hard work and sticking to a good diet and not straying onto junk unless its one of the cheat meals, twice a week. No luck :smile:

Thanks guys for your kind words :flowerforyou:

no homo brah but thats some hard pecs:D js
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i like to think i say each to their own and not judge people for what they want to look like, personally though i can't stand female body building they look revolting, but its just my opinion.

i put on muscle very easily, my legs for instance have never really had any fat on them and the muscle definition is there, i get comments on them all the time because they are what people strive for in the gym and i have them naturally. my preference would be to have slim shapely girlie legs, but i have learned to show them off to their best as they are my best feature (well they are now lol)