looking for some 3rd shifters/nightowls?

Options
My news feed on here is pretty lonely at night. :( So I'm hoping to meet some people who work nights.

Short story of me: I've tried this before. My most recent attempt was a year ago TODAY (12/6) at 250. I did lose some weight, but things didn't quiet go as planned. So a year later, here I am again.

Long story: I've been overweight ever since I can remember. I remember being in like 6th grade and wearing a size 13... yeaaaa... So anyways. Fast forward a bit - I tried this in high school. It was rough. I worked at a fast food restaurant, I was involved in after school activities, & was also a full-time college student. (yes, in high school.) So needless to say my eating habits weren't the best. I did meet a guy in high school. & instead of going off to college, I moved in with him. We both got content in our relationship, and before I knew it, I was up to 250 lbs at the doctors, a year ago today. [The story doesn't end here.] A little longer then a month after this date, (and losing about 30 lbs) our relationship of almost 2 years went sour, & we broke things off. I had to move about an hour away from where I had my life set up. I ended up having to find a different gym - since we were using the apartment complex's gym. I eventually (in March) found a new job. It was no customers, very physical. I was so excited. I actually found a job that I LOVED. I worked over 40 hours every week. I was pretty much being paid to work out. Only problem is that in order to keep my energy up for that job, I ate more.. So, didn't really lose any weight. Heres where the plot thickens. June of this past year, I was injured at work. I ended up with a left lumbar strain & severe muscle spasms. After some rest & restrictions, no dice. I still couldn't move. I was in so much pain, it was ridiculous. After some physical therapy, little improvement. It got better, but I still couldn't return to work. End of AUGUST, I had an MRI preformed. Bad news - I had a few bulging discs, the beginning stages of arthritis, & the worst news, at the age of 20 - I have degenerative disc disease. So, pretty much, the discs in my back are not the size they're supposed to be, nor will it get better. This is now something I have to live with every day of my life, from now on. I was on restrictions that didn't allow me to lift over 10 lbs. Crazy, right? Well, I did get that weight restriction to go higher after an FCE, but still nowhere close to where I was. I'm disappointed. How could I let this happen to me? At this point, theres nothing I could do but be mopey and sad about it. However, September, I started dating this amazing guy. I eventually found a job that I started in October. Not anywhere close to my dream job, but it'll pay bills. & I'm finally getting my life back on track. I found a gym that is 24 hours, so I can start going before or after work. I do live with my parents still, so its so hard to have motivation to eat healthy & not all the junk they have here.

I'm looking for people in the same/similar situation as me. Even just motivated night shifters would be great. I doubt I'll find anybody who is 20, female, living with DDD, nightshift & living with their unhealthy parents. But hey. If you're one or more of the above, add me. :) Let's push each other.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift.
  • afgivens4
    Options
    Well....
    I match some of those....
    I am female and I work nights, (at work now). I live with my 4 children who are extremely healthy in weight and energy and have no problems griping about me wanting to eat healthy all the time. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/811127-official-nightshift-thread

we have a nightshift thread ...above is the link

its pretty slow tonight

I think everyone is tired

There is also a Face book page for nightshifters if you are interested

I work 3rd shift...I am at work now

you can also play some of the games ~~~song title game....random ABC game...add a word, drop a word game
  • lisa28115
    Options
    This is a new facebook page for night shift workers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108197372645760/
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The facebook night shift crew rocks!!
  • kathudd1
    Options
    Hello There, I work third shift also. Feel free to add me.
  • lisa28115
    Options
    Hello There, I work third shift also. Feel free to add me.

feel free to join us on the official night shift thread
  • _hesmy19dhero
    _hesmy19dhero Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will join that. If you read my whole post, this is looking for just more then 3rd shifters. I don't have access to a computer at night, so I only get my news feed, hence why u wanted to add people & see if I have anything in common with anybody.