Delicious, Nutritious Lunches for 300 calories or less!

Options
I like to keep calories down at lunch time, and I've found some cool ways of doing so, but I was wondering what kind of lunches you guys eat for 300 calories or less! A lot of times I end up resorting to soup for lunch, which is super yummy, but high in sodium usually and I get bored with just soup or salads all the time...

Today mine is:

1 grilled cheese sandwich (made with Sara Lee 45 calorie/slice wheat bread, 2% kraft cheese slice, vegetable spray in pan)
1 cup cucumber slices drizzled with 1 tbsp fat free ranch dressing
1 small banana
1 liter of water

total: 280 calories :)

Replies

• FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    mmm grilled cheese for the win
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a sandwich - Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread, Hillshire Farm roasted chicken slices, Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, sliced tomato and deli mustard. I eat that with a Yoplait yogurt. It is all together about 388 calories, 100 less if you ditch the yogurt.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I like canned beets w/ italian dressing.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I usually have a healthy choice cafe steamer. They're delish!
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1 peanut butter and jelly sandwhich on sara lee wheat bread
    motts applesauce snack pack
    and a gala apple

253 calories :)
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    I like to have strawberry sandwiches which consists of:
    *2 strawberries
    *sunbeam light wheat bread
    *drizzle of honey
    *fat free cream cheese
    and for a side I'll eat a mango (mmm) or some more strawberries
    all for about 300 calories and 1 gram of fat (mango has 1 gram)
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    I Love, Love, Love

:heart: Chunky Chicken Noodle
    :heart: Crackers
    :heart: Parmasean Cheese sprinkled (Gives it the Italian Flavor)

under 300 Calories
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    -stir-fried fresh veggies. just chop up a medley of whatever veggies you want and cook in a fry pan with olive oil. i also add seasoned salt and pepper. sometimes if i have laftover chicken from dinner i toss that in the mix too. you can put it in tupperware and eat at room temperature. still just as yummy :smile: you can add rice to make it more filling, but its higher in calories. to add more to the meal, i eat this with a slice of laughing cow cheese on wasa crispbread.

-a sandwich made with toast (toasted arnold's 100 calorie sandwich thins), sliced avacado, a tomato slice, and a red onion slice. add some pepper, lime juice, spicy mustard, or low fat mayo to your liking. about 190 calories. add a peice of fruit and some yogurt for a compelete meal.

-Corn and bean salad. there's many variations of this dish that you can find online but its basically yellow corn kernals, black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and balsamic vinigarette mixed together.

you can never go wrong with salad or a wrap. they work for just about any meal, are low-cal, and super versitile.
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    I like to have strawberry sandwiches which consists of:
    *2 strawberries
    *sunbeam light wheat bread
    *drizzle of honey
    *fat free cream cheese
    and for a side I'll eat a mango (mmm) or some more strawberries
    all for about 300 calories and 1 gram of fat (mango has 1 gram)

MMM this sounds really yummy! If you like it you should try a peanut butter sandwich with sliced strawberries and bananas on it. Yum!
  • jezziebelle
    Options
    Mmm today is going to be:

1 Gorton's Lemon Pepper Grilled Fish Filet
    1 Large Mixed Greens Salad with cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, and tomato and bacon dressing
    1 Liter of Water

Total: 280 calories :)
  • eyemadreamer
    eyemadreamer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually have a healthy choice cafe steamer. They're delish!

I agree with you!!
  • Jenbp
    Jenbp Posts: 3
    Options
    Needed a fast lunch and not much in the frig. I made a quick egg salad sandwich with

Arnold Select Sandwich Thins-Multi Grain - Sandwich Thins Whole Wheat Bread, 1 roll 100 (toasted)
    Egg - Large - Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg 76
    Generic - Avocado Slice, 0.5 thin slices 13
    some mustard and 1 Tablespoon Fat-free yogurt.

186 calories and it was actually very good!

Jen
  • RegisteredNurse
    Options
    today for lunch I had:

6 premium plus whole wheat crackers
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1 cup sliced raw strawberries

all for a grand total of 268 calories, plus lots of protein for my post-workout meal! (:
  • Phil666
    Phil666 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    John West Tuna Light Lunch - c. 232 cals
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    A flat-out flat wrap for 100 cals. Then add turkey and ham deli meat, any veggies I have on hand, broccoli slaw, maybe some apple, a sprikle of cheddar and low-cal italian dressing. Very delish and easily changed up. It usually always ends up under 300 cal. The flat-out flat wraps are huge and also make good pizza crusts.