Has anyone else losing weight without the effort?

Options
2»

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I also lose weight without much effort----INITIALLY. It slows down, and can even stop. Don't take it as a given!
  • JessicaSunflower
    JessicaSunflower Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been eating cookies, chili, pasta, etc and I seem to be loosing about a pound a week somehow! Im loosing weight faster being off a diet than on one and i don't know whats going on! I'm not gonna go to the doctor about it until i hit my goal weight LOL
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    The beginning of my weight loss was without even try but that's becauseinwent from spending 20 hours a day in a cell filled with honey buns, ramen noodles, chocolate, mac n cheese, donuts, etc. to being free. After that I started intentionally losing weight and every so often my weight loss stalls and I'll change something I'm doing.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I find that, for me, it's all about lifestyle. To become and stay a healthy weight, I need to organize my life such that I am always burning so many calories that it's not really possible to overeat. I guess that's the same as not putting in effort.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    the first 6 months I had no issues with losing weight, but that changed the closer to the 1 year mark I came. I plateaued for the last 6 months. It's starting to come off again.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty effortless 2 weeks...I just laid in bed with the influenza virus, didn't eat much and when I did it was junk...oddly, the pounds flew off! I didn't even workout during this 2 week period of lathargy and nausea!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I keep getting bigger and heavier and the fat keeps going away. I guess I scared it pretty bad in the gym last, I heard my fat screaming.
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I am surprised weight is just falling off with little exercise, alcohol intake, and a couple of sandwiches for breakfast and chips for lunch. I guess for you it doesn't matter WHAT the calories consist of. For me, if I stick to my calorie range and include sandwiches, chips and alcohol I gain, gain, gain. Count your blessings.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    No, must be nice though. Some of us bust our butts and don't get the weight off half as quickly. Stop questioning it and enjoy it IMO.
  • pegsum
    pegsum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes... losing my extra weight was really simple/easy/effortless for me. I cut 250 calories a day from my TDEE and tried to stay active (walked my errands, went hiking, rode my bike). I had an initial goal of losing 50 lbs, but it went so smoothly that I ended up losing 66 and now weigh less than I did 20 years ago in high school. I don't think I ever had a bad day or even what I would consider a 'slip up'. I think when I cut calories minimally, and was still eating 2000-2200 calories a day, it was easy to make progress without ever feeling deprived.

I've been maintaining that loss since June now.

I think the key (for me) was NOT dieting, NOT making food rules about what was good/bad, NOT avoiding treats and NOT weighing in more than once a month.

THIS!
    My tracker is set to 1/2 pound a week. I am losing super slowly, but it's EASY. I'm good with easy :-)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The leaner you are the harder it gets

this.
    i've never been "overweight", but i knew if i didn't make a change i would be. So its taken me almost a year, and i've only lost 12lbs with 6 more to go. its much harder when you dont have a lot to lose.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not me. :( Between the fact that I only have about 10 pounds max to lose and the fact I'm in my mid-forties now, losing is a lot of hard work. If I don't keep myself in control, I gain.

Lucky you!