Would this be worth asking for?

Options
I want to get a journal to track my measurments, my food, my activities, my progress and my weight loss.
Would this journal be a good one for me or do you know of something different? I will also be tracking on here but, I like having something on paper and something that is more electronic.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    If it helps you, then definitely.

We are not all always around technology to immediately put it in MFP. So, a journal may do great.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I think that's fantastic !

Sometimes writing it down is more powerful then just logging it on MFP.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was actually flipping through this when I was at Target last weekend (it's next to all the fitness DVDs that I stare at every time I'm there haha). Looks really good! I've gotten so used to just using MFP, but for everything else in my life I'm a pen-and-paper type of girl so I def understand that. It looked great and very well organized and I would say go for it.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced by about $14. A nice composition book is about 99 cents.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If it helps you, then sure.

IMO, I wouldn't want anything that structured. I'd probably go into Word or Excel, type up my own pages, then put them in a little planner-style book if I needed something in hard copy to take with me. Probably cheaper, certainly not any more expensive (unless you wanted to spend more on a fancy planner book), and infinitely more flexible.
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Looks great to me!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Get a simple sketchbook or composition book from a hobby store and make your own by having journal pages and inserting inspiring or motivating pictures you find online or in magazines.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Fitbooks are cool
  • calajane
    Options

IMO, I wouldn't want anything that structured. I'd probably go into Word or Excel, type up my own pages, then put them in a little planner-style book if I needed something in hard copy to take with me. Probably cheaper, certainly not any more expensive (unless you wanted to spend more on a fancy planner book), and infinitely more flexible.

I love your idea! Maybe I should print out something like that!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I love your idea! Maybe I should print out something like that!

It's what I do for almost anything, especially at work... to-do lists, calendars/planners, etc. The pre-made ones never work as well as I'd like (always have crap in them I don't need and are usually missing other things I do want). the only trick is getting the printing right and the holes punched if you are using something smaller than standard 8.5 x 11. But it's not hard to figure out with a little trial and error.
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    I thought it was a little bit pricey but, after I printed off all of the pages and put together my own, I would most likely leave something out and it would cost just as much. I think that I will ask my fiance to grab this for me for Christmas! In my opinion, it would definitely help me stay on track since with a newborn baby, I won't always have time to log on and track everything. I can track it in the journal and transfer it onto MFP.

Thanks for all of the ideas and the advice!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Get a simple sketchbook or composition book from a hobby store and make your own by having journal pages and inserting inspiring or motivating pictures you find online or in magazines.

This is what I do and I love it!! I keep motivational sayings, pictures and old "really fat" pictures of myself in it. I track my progress and whatever I feel like in it! I say make one or get a pre-made one that you like if you think it will help you!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you.

Good luck to you :)
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Before I started actually using this virtual journal, I would keep a physical one with me at all times. Each time I would eat a new food, I would add it to the back and create a mini calorie dictionary. It worked very well for me :)
    I found this virtual journal easier though because I don't have to keep going to google to look up calories.
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    Like I said, I won't be looking up the calories, I will be counting calories on this website and on my app. I just simply want 2 journals to help me stay on track and make sure that I remember everything. I will track on here and on the paper journal. I was planning on personalizing the journal and making it somewhat my own.

I don't know if I should just make a paper one and copy what that journal says or if I should just by the premade one... Now you all have me thinking about it! Darn.