Do you hide $$$ from

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    No, there's no need to hide money from him or for him to hide money from me. We do have a stash of cash that we both use, though. Usually when we are together and want to go out or something.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    The only money I ever stash is when I'm saving up to buy him a present. Why else would I "hide" it?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have a stash, but it's not a secret from my wife. We're both responsible adults commited to the same goals.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I have my own savings and checking accounts seperate from my husbands...but he knows I'm a spender and I'd never have anything extra saved besides what is in our joint accounts.

Usually the debit to his account clues him in that I ran out of my own spending money....................
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have a stash, but its not a secret per se. She knows that I have an account aside from the checking and savings that I use for our joint expenses, but she doesn't know how much I keep in it.

Yeah I have that too and that's where most of "my" money is.

I have the additional just because I guess. If I'm going to the scrip club, or putting some action on a game, or having a Rad Anthem kinda night then I pull it.

That must be why my SO doesn't have one. I would never tell him he couldn't go to a strip club, or put money on a game, or buy something ridiculous for his bike. It's his money, as long as we have what we need, then it doesn't matter what he spends his extra cash on.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    The only money I ever stash is when I'm saving up to buy him a present. Why else would I "hide" it?

that's exactly why I have always had one...and expected him to always have one....

also because I am a shopper, and I have a policy of shopping from my stash only as the "us" money is budgetted planned expense money....

if I buy three pairs of shoes from the stash....no one can complain....it was the "stash"
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I don't personally, but my husband has his own stash. It's not a secret though, it's just an account that he gets money perks on from his work (sales bonus things) and he stocks it away to put into his Jeep or whatever he wants to do with it.

I'd never be able to have one, personally. It would never, ever accumulate. Spend all the money, all the time.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Nope. However, I wore my winter jacket for the first time this season and found a $20 in the pocket.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Having one secret holds the door for many.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    We have separate checking and savings accounts, his money is his, my money is mine. That said, the accounts are linked, so we can both see how much money is in both accounts, and one of us could just take the other's money (it's called trust, it's important in a marriage, I hear). Before we were legally married, we had completely separate accounts, but we occasionally discussed what we had in savings, checking, etc.. I don't see the need to hide my money, I'm an adult, I earn it, I fulfill my obligations, and the balance is mine to do with as I please.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My husband has what he *thinks* is a secret stash of cash. I've never touched it, but I know it exists. I don't have one, but I "control" the finances in the household, so I figured it would just be hiding money from myself.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I hide all my money in my bank account.

Like wtf?
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Dude, I need to hide money from myself.

oh man same here!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    gawd I wish.

This.
    I don't have enough money to need a secret stash
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im with you on that!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I'll never need that! We split our shared expenses down the middle but otherwise our finances are our business. I think it's important to keep someone financial independence in a relationship. We are engaged and I have no idea what his pay check is and vice versa. It's wonderful
  • mmmurphy585
    mmmurphy585 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I save all of my $5 that I get, I just started so intending to use it for Christmas presents next year without having to break the bank. In two weeks, I have 40 bucks, by next Christmas, if the trend continues, I should have over $1000 to dip into before having to take out of checking/savings. Other than that, we have joint accounts. No reason to keep anything secret.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    My hubby has a secret stash I just found out, he handed it to me and said go buy Christmas for the kids, then yestereday asks if I still had some he wanted it back. He sucks right now. Usually I have to save save save to buy the kids christmas so it was nice that he did this year. Only to take it back! angry yes
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Always and I keep the bulk of my $$$ there :)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nope. However, I wore my winter jacket for the first time this season and found a $20 in the pocket.

No secret stash, but I put cash in the pocket of each coat before I store it away in the spring.. Each new winter-- It's like winning the lottery... except of course when I give them to goodwill before I check the pockets!!! Then it's the lottery for someone else!!!