Motivational - It's Not a Diet, It's A Lifestyle

Options
I have battled with weight loss on and off for the last several years. I am sure some of you had been in my shoes...

I decided this past year that I really needed to make some Postivie changes , I have done it before and somehow managed to let myself go the last 3 years. I was always eating either for reward or out of depression and gained back 50lbs of the 68lbs I lost in 2006 from running like a Mad Man 40+Miles a week and in every race I could find. I was eating healthy back then but I was OVER Training and getting injuries left and right. I was skinny fat you could say. I had no muscle and just got real skinny from running so much. Evetnually I couldn't run as much due to the injuries and kept eating healthy but gained some weight back - on top of that hit some low points in my life personal problems in relationship and caused me to start eating poorly and drinking alcohol, see I turned to food for comfort - NOT GOOD !

I got in a new relationship and was starting my running again but during the beginning of my new relationship we would go out to eat all the time ! NOT GOOD !

I eventually gained back 50 lbs from the 68 lbs I originally lost. Until this year I knew what needed to be done for me to get back to my healthy self and gain some cofidence back ! I needed to LOSE weight and start eating clean for my health I am almost 40yrs old! and have 2 little girls that mean the world to me and I want to be around as long as I can.

I started working @ Bootcamp 5-6 days a week and cleaned my diet up ! And really feel better overall ! I won't say NEVER but I will not Let myself get back to that point as long as I can help it ! I have adopted new choices if I get depressed or stressed out and reward myself weekly on my Refeed Days - No Looking Back for me its all about Today ! And If It Doesn't Challenge You It Doesn't CHANGE YOU !!:bigsmile: :smile: :bigsmile: :smile:

35639_10152298301455237_1430994137_n-1.jpg

Replies

• beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    great story mate, well done!
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man, thats some sweet motivation right there.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    In one of my counselling classes, we talked at length about how change is uncomfortable, if it wasn't than there would be no motivation to change. It sounds like you got uncomfortable in your body when you couldn't do the things you wanted to do, hence the change. I think sometimes when we can't lose weight it may be because we have become comfortable in our own "fat". You look great!
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    Awesome.. Great results.
  • bail8gent
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the KInd comments and posts ! :wink:
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is why I love MFP! Inspirational and motivational people like YOU! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • bail8gent
    Options
    This is why I love MFP! Inspirational and motivational people like YOU! Thank you for sharing! :)

My pleasure -- Pay it forward - It worked for me when I needed it as well ! Thanks for the comment as well :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!