Getting hit on at the gym

Options
Is the gym a good place to meet men/women?

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Definitely.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    it probably can be if that's what you want.
    Myself, I wear my b*tch mode face. :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It's definitely not for me. I never used to be one for "gym guys" but now I'm marrying one. However, had I met him in the gym I don't know that I'd have given him a shot.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout so I hate going there during the meat market time frame.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout and train, so I never flirt or converse at the gym. :angry:
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    I am there to workout so I hate going there during the meat market time frame.

just wondering when is the meatmarket frame?! times?!
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When i'm there, i'm there to lift things up, and put them down...and that's it
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    No! Don't make eye contact! They follow you home.....
  • jamie_2216
    Options
    So i think this guy hit on me the other day at the gym but im really shy and i didnt really know what to say. Do you have any suggestions on what i could say if i see him again? Something from a guys perspective maybe.
  • elprincipito
    Options
    It's definitely not for me. I never used to be one for "gym guys" but now I'm marrying one. However, had I met him in the gym I don't know that I'd have given him a shot.
    From what I can tell (from my own FL) the "gym guys" are usually the softies hahaha
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym to workout and get sweaty...a guy wants to hit on me as i look as sexy with sweat stains everywhere...more power to him.
  • Heltogrog
    Options
    No. My time at the gym is never social time, and I find myself very irritated with people who attempt to distract me.
  • gbellsatx
    gbellsatx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Its about working out. But check out this link when men and women switch places at the gym.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/flip-side-video_n_2220370.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm married, but based on the meat I've seen at my gym, hells yeah!
  • bellydancer124
    Options

^ This!

I'm sure I look like a total jerk when I'm working out, but at least I don't have dudes wasting my valuable gym time with mindless chit-chat. :tongue:
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Exactly what I do, too. Nobody comes near me - WIN... except now I can't even get anyone to offer to spot me! lol
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Whaaaat? There are other people at the gym? When I go all I see are heavy things and heavier things to lift up and put down. I must be going to the wrong gym.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    Its about working out. But check out this link when men and women switch places at the gym.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/flip-side-video_n_2220370.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

dude where the hell you found that from , hillarious
  • elprincipito
    Options
    good one!
    the chick feeling up the dude is creepy haha even though a little attractive but creepy
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nope I hate being distracted at the gym even if someone is paying that sort of interest in me.