feel so far from goal... like over 100lbs far...

Options
2»

Replies

• jamilla123
    Options
    Results begin to show in about 12 weeks
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    so im in around weeks 4 of my lifesyle change.. and lost around 8lbs.. good i know .. however i having a low minute where i think how far away i am from getting to my goal.. anyone else feel like this? x

I'm just under 5'2" and I started out at 228 pounds. I would need to lose 89 pounds to hit a *healthy* BMI.

My first 3 months I lost 7 lbs. Two of those months I gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds. I tweaked my diet and started losing. I lost 25 pounds over about a 4 month period...then my weight loss came to a screeching halt. Since the first week in September I have only lost about 3 lbs :( However, I still go to the gym 4x a week, and about a month ago I started doing barbell squats. My goal is to be able to squat 100 pounds by Christmas, and the trainer says he is sure I can do it.

I have a lot of weight to lose--30 pounds or so to cross the line from obese to overweight, but I am building muscle and I don't LOOK as fat as I was before. AND, if you lose your weight slow, your skin has time to adjust so you won't have as much saggy skin...AND you have time to learn good habits so hopefully you won't put any weight back on.
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I say it is good to think about the long term. After all, it took years for me to put the weight on, so it will take a while to take off. My starting goal was to lose 150 pounds. I celebrate in increments of ten. Now I have 108 pounds to lose still, and that excites me. Pretty soon, I will be able to say, Only 98 pounds to go. I will be happy to remove the 1 from in front of my goal.

This! :) One day at a time! :)