Bra Bulge, back fat?

Options
Has anyone been able to get rid of theirs? I'm on a calorie defecit but should I do more to lose the bra bulge faster?

Replies

• lmcgrad
    Options
    BUMP.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can't really spot reduce. When I lose weight overall I lose there first.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    hate that.

However, if you get properly fitted for a bra (try Nordstrom or a specialty shop), and spend some $$$, you will likely find out you've been wearing the wrong size for years and be amazed at how much better you could look with a better bra. Better bras have wider bands under the arms and better strap placement to smooth out bulges and eliminate "back boobs".

As far as losing weight, you can't spot reduce, but cardio is the way to lose fat all over, and lifting weights will develop lean body mass to improve your overall look.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    hate that.

However, if you get properly fitted for a bra (try Nordstrom or a specialty shop), and spend some $$$, you will likely find out you've been wearing the wrong size for years and be amazed at how much better you could look with a better bra. Better bras have wider bands under the arms and better strap placement to smooth out bulges and eliminate "back boobs".

As far as losing weight, you can't spot reduce, but cardio is the way to lose fat all over, and lifting weights will develop lean body mass to improve your overall look.

^Agree.^ You might also try reducing your caloric intake (follow the MFP Diary goal recommendations) and try Pilates and/or swimming too.
  • MisguidedRoses
    MisguidedRoses Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    have you tried doing yoga?
    Sounds crazy.
    But i was on pinterest and I seen something on there about doing certain yoga moves to get rid of back fat i assume it's the same concept for getting rid of the bulge since it involves arm movements.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit to lose fat all over, and get fitted for a bra. You're likely wearing the wrong size. Nordstrom is a good place to get fitted, also any bra boutique in your town (NOT Victoria's Secret). You can also measure yourself. Measure straight across your back just under your breasts, and straight across your back around the fullest part of your breasts. Do not add anything to either of those numbers; bras aren't made like that anymore. The first measurement is your band size (round down to the nearest even number if it's odd or a fraction). The difference in inches between those numbers tells you your cup size; that's still the way you learned it when you were 12, i.e., 1" = A, 2" = B, etc.

Take the time and spend the money to get yourself one good bra this Christmas. Chances are, a goodly portion of the "back fat" is migrated breast tissue that has been pushed into your armpits and around onto your back by ill-fitting bras. As you lose weight, and if you continue wearing properly-sized bras, you may see your cup size go up as that breast tissue migrates back to where it belongs. To help it along, "scoop and swoop" your breasts into the cups of your new bra. Put your bra on as normal, get the cups where they're supposed to be. Lean forward so your back is parallel to the ground, or as close as you can get it. Gently reach into the cup and around the side, and gather/gently pull as much as you can into the cup. Do this for both breasts, then straighten up. Check the band across your back, in a mirror; it should be going straight across, not arching upwards. If it is, your band is too long and it's not supporting you. Most of the support should come from the band, not the straps; find a bra that fits on the first band hook with the straps as loose as possible, then tighten the straps just so they stay up by themselves.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's the first place I noticed my fat come off. I think after 25 pounds, you could REALLY tell a difference. The small of my back looks so tiny now, it's weird. You can't do anything to make it come off quicker; it will just happen with overall weight loss.