Getting hit on at the gym

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It depends. Many women are rather inapproachable at the gym and make it obvious they don't want to be bothered. All my friends tell me since I work at a gym that I shouldn't have any trouble meeting fit girls, but I do because of the above reason. So, trying to date a girl from a gym, or even initiate a conversation with one, is quite a rare opportunity. It's too bad because I love fit women.

You find fit women who work out at other gyms.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    So i think this guy hit on me the other day at the gym but im really shy and i didnt really know what to say. Do you have any suggestions on what i could say if i see him again? Something from a guys perspective maybe.

From a guy's perspective...

That wasn't a one time conversation. But, if you need help thinking of something to say, might I suggest that since you're in a gym, you talk about working out?

If this guy lifts weight, have him help you with it.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ..i like to talk, so if someone starts talking to me while im on the treadmill or somethin that's fine.
    But, when im lifting i try to concentrate on that so i dont get hurt.. But, I've carried a conversations lifting dumbells before..

I guess I'm weird.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    When I'm just lifting, I wear earbuds and a leave me the **** alone face. Now that I'm doing crossfit, there's more of a class mentality and before and after I chat with boys... Some flirting but no real hitting on. Unfortunately...
  • icandoanything2012
    Options
    I haven't been hit on at the gym...yet...I have noticed guys looking at me lately. I see that as a total bonus to going to the gym. Before I started losing weight etc, guys never noticed me. It feels good to be noticed. I suppose I may seem inapproachable but it's more because I honestly don't really know how to be approachable to guys.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    anywhere is a possibility. Bring your smile and your best attitude everywhere you go -- you will attract positivity and probably some guys too :)
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just don't get hit on...not only at the gym :cry:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Probably because I'm a sweaty mess. What can I say, I get my *kitten* done!
  • nayers86
    Options
    It can be, but don't count on it. I met my signifcant other through the gym I used to work at, but it's not exactly the greatest place. The gym is a place to work out and improve yourself...I personally hate getting hit on at the gym. It happened tonight in the middle of my abs circuit. A personal trainer decided that was a good time to introduce himself to me and tell me how amazing I look and he admires my commitment....he kept staring at my boobs. Horrible. Be you, be happy, and in time the right person will come around. Have a little faith
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    i just love this thread
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout and train, so I never flirt or converse at the gym. :angry:

Same.

I might flirt with a gym employee. But not actual gym go-fers.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    well at our gym there is only our fatass coach nd team mates -_-
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    So i think this guy hit on me the other day at the gym but im really shy and i didnt really know what to say. Do you have any suggestions on what i could say if i see him again? Something from a guys perspective maybe.

Compliments always work.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Not for me. The gym is all about putting in work. Save the flirting for happy hour.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am pretty dense when it comes to the opposite sex but to my knowledge I have never been hit on at the gym. I don't either.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I'm aways happy to have a brief chat with anyone I the gym, but I have to say when I see the really obvious c*ck trawlers I think it's really hilarious. The gym isn't a nightclub.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you are looking to pick up the front desk people or sales team then maybe.. other wise, no.

The one thing I hate the most is when I'm working out, and I have people staring at me or tying to converse with me... Clearly, I am not interested and want you to go away... so please do!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    If I was "looking" - I'd def consider dating guys from the gym. But only if they used good form and lifted heavy weights. None of that cardio bunny crap thankyaverymuch. hah
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I go to gym only to work out, don't want to get distracted by chicks.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I work out in a HS school gym. so, no. That would be bad.