Here goes nothing

Options
Hey everyone. I've used myfitness pal before but quit not long after starting it. I'm back because, well, I weighed myself last week at the heaviest I've ever been. I weighed myself because I decided to be a good sport and participate in a "biggest loser" thing with some friends from work, not realizing how heavy I really was. I've gained almost 40 pounds just in the last year or so, pretty much because I ate whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted. I didn't think I needed to watch what I ate or lose weight because my husband has always told me he thought I was beautiful no matter what I looked like. But, now I realize that was just an excuse so I didn't have to admit I had a problem with food. Now, the goal is to get healthy and look better doing it. My husband is in the Air Force and I wanna look good before we move to Langley AFB :) I've already lost 11 pounds by logging my calories on myfitnesspal and watching what I eat and walking my dog. It's not easy but I feel great so far and I know with myfitnesspal it will get easier!

Replies

• melanielb8273
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you want. This is my 2nd go around on MFP and I am determined to lose the weight and get healthy.
  • SpanksNotSpanx
    SpanksNotSpanx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is my second time using MFP too although I think I may be a bigger loser here :P I gained upwards of 50 after working so hard to lose it! YIKES :D but congrats on the weight loss so far and keep up the good work. Add me if you would like :)
  • Saira1989
    Options
    Hello, I was using MFP last year. I did great for a while but than I found out I was pregnant. I stopped working out and didnt care about anything but making my cravings go away. Now that my baby is four months old (two months premature) I have decided that I am going to work my butt off to get back to at least 150. I am 180 as of yesterday. I am planning on working out little bits everyday and work my way up to harder exercises. I want to be happy again when I look in the mirror. I know my little guy and husband think I am pretty now, but its not the same feeling when i look in the mirror myself. I am doing this for me and to make sure I have energy for my little one here once he starts moving!
  • dragunfly
    Options
    I am always looking for new friends!

ADD Me if you like!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Retired Air Force family here. Please add if you would like and good luck.
  • dhv5688
    dhv5688 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is my second time using MFP. You can add me too if you would like.
    I am definitely more determined to lose weight than I was the last time.
  • teilee
    teilee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The first 11 lbs came off easy after I stopped eating whatever I want, I know the hard part is yet to come!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. It gets easier. Add me if you'd like another friend to offer encouragement.
  • ards7
    ards7 Posts: 33
    Options
    Add me if you want another for support :)