Quick Question!

Options
Can I lose a good deal of weight if I eat the same thing everyday? And I mean healthy foods.
Ex:
Breakfast: Banana and yoghurt
Lunch: Chicken caesar salad without dressing and apple
Supper: Grilled chicken wrap with extra lettuce, tomato, onions and no sauce
Snacks:Veggie Cup

What do you guys think? Any advice and tips would be awesome too!

Replies

• patrox247
    Options
    I am a total creature of habit (something I would like to change). It sounds weird but I eat the same thing at least 4 to 5 times a week and sometimes more. I have lost over 140 lbs over the last 11 months doing this so I guess something is working.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I think it would be boring but you could do that. I don't think you would meet all of your nutritional needs. Remember eating the same thing and exercise was how Jared of Subway fame lost the weight.
  • Lauralsaur
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :) If there's anyone who eats the same thing everyday, could you tell me what you eat? :)
  • patrox247
    Options
    A large burrito with chicken, rice, pinto beans, salsa, tomato, a little cheese and a dab of sour cream

A skinless chicken breast

Greek yogurt

Some walnuts

An Apple

Slice of cheese

Multivitamin

Vegetable soup if I'm still hungry for some reason
  • Lauralsaur
    Options
    Sorry for going off track, but how does greek yoghurt taste like? :)
  • patrox247
    Options
    Better than regular yogurt in my opinion. Not as liquidy or soupy.
  • Lauralsaur
    Options
    Maybe I'll try that :) thanks again!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I agree. I like greek yogurt much better. It's thicker but also tangier. I just made some chicken salad with majority of plain greek yogurt and just a spoonful of mayo and it was fabulous.
  • LeCitron
    Options
    One of my favorites is to slice up mango and put it in plain greek yogurt. Sooo good. :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds ok....but YAWN! so boring!
  • Lauralsaur
    Options
    I didn't know you could do so much with yoghurt lol. Yeah it might seem boring, but at this rate I need to stop treating food as some sort of king. I have food on such a high level that I indulge way too much. I guess I want to take a "tough love" approach to it