Dont care how old you are!

Options
13»

Replies

• Hurricane748
    Hurricane748 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Cutting out simple things like that definitely makes a huge difference. I need to cut out soda myself. >:| But hey, if it's all true, good for you! If you're doing it a healthy, safe way, that's great.

I plan to cut soda as my first step. I don't crave it as much as even the average person, I just don't know what else to drink with a meal. I love water...but it just doesn't always work taste wise with certain meals...anyone have a alt?
  • Hurricane748
    Hurricane748 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh also...certain beans are stupid rich with protein. So red beans and rice = tasty and a decent meal. Quite filling too.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Good work mate! You have stumbled on a low carb/ sodium diet which will have you dropping lbs in a matter of days. However from a scientific and experienced perspective, a continuation of just fruit and veges is not sustainable in the long term. As soon as you eat carbohydrates above 30 - 50 grams, and increase sodium intake, i guarantee that you will gain 70% of that weight back due to water retention. I hope i haven't come across as cynical i just want you to be aware of this fact.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Feel free to add me, I love to motivate and the friends here are great! Don't let my 1 lb loss throw you...I lost more but was sick 3 months, no exercise (per the doctor) and meds helped me gain the weight back. I'm back and "crackin' the whip" :) It is amazing how the healthy foods taste good and make you feel so much better. Keep up the good work!!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! I have been on here for 4 days and have lost 11 pounds without starving myself. I simply switched to fruit and vegetables. If it helps you i have been snacking on baby carrots and i have also cut out regular pop and fast food entirley which is difficult since there are 3 fast food places within three blocks of where i work. Just looking for some friends to help motivate! Please add me.
    Let me guess. 1200 calories??

^ Can't tell if sarcasm or not. I consume 1200cal a day and do at least 30min exercise 3 - 5 times a week, and I've lost a stone in 2 month. Take height into consideration.
    lol u 4ft 11 ... this guy is certainly not that short and small as u ... 1200cals a day would prob force him to eat himself

I agree, you can not attribute 1200 calories as a sustainable deficit with male and female physiological structures. Typically males at 6ft should not go below 1500 deficit. Testosterone amplifies muscle protein synthesis, hence males have more muscle to sustain which requires a greater base line of calories.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You're doing good, ignore the negative posts there's always plenty of those here....but there's also positive ones, keep going!!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    53 and am 60% vegan

Isn't this like saying "I'm 60% pregnant"?

Bwah ha ha :drinker:

To the OP - Well done, you are making some great changes, keep going and congratulations!
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    53 and am 60% vegan

Isn't this like saying "I'm 60% pregnant"?
    Lol, so true. On a plate, 60% of the food is vegan, so say 30%rice/pasta and 30%veggies which leaves 40%meat. I think it's a new definition of vegan.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are being so negative... I say GOOD FOR YOU and CONGRATULATIONS for deciding to make the change. Weight usually drops like nothing in the beginning, especially when the diet change is so drastic. Although it's difficult, I hope you enjoy the journey.

Best of luck to you!!
    Ditto!
  • tanyaelizabeth82
    Options
    I am just starting this today. I am just trying to stay motivated. Feel free to add me.