Breakfast Advice?!!!

Options

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - fruits
    - veggies
    - oats (you can add in a bit of sugar too - like brown sugar. or, my fave, sweetener and cocoa - YUM!)
  • portwein
    portwein Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is boring, but training a schnauzer to compete in agility is pretty amazing!
  • fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually have two of them that I train in agility...I must be crazy! LOL
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    "The sugar in America".... There is nothing different. You're just eating more than you burn.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast OR chopped spinach on toast with smoked salmon on top and a poached egg on top of that
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Make buckwheat crepes, with brown sugar or date sugar, or just regular French or Hungarian crepes. You can add honey and almonds if you need something sweet. I'll add just about anything, turkey sausage with dried cranberries, spinach and bacon, ham and cheese, etc. There are recipes on www.allrecipes.com
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try refrigetor oatmeal. You put it together the night before and it is ready in the morning. Ther are several varieties based upon what you put in it. The basic items are
    1/4 c uncooked oats
    1/4 c skim milk
    1/4 c Greek yogurt low fat
    1-2 tsp honey depending on your taste
    You mix together in a covered container. Then you add additional items for your taste.

This morning I am eating it for breakfast. Mine I added 1 tsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp cocoa powder. It has about 360 calories. Ther are other combinations to add with fruit. Eat it chilled. I usually take it out of the refrigetor when I wake up, get dressed and then enjoy. Really easy to make and may help you sweet tooth.
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with chocolate peanut butter protein powder!
    good idea!
    two slice wholewheat bread with 2 boiled egg whites with smoked salmon, slice tomatoes and pinch black pepper to die for
    sounds like A LOT of calories...
    I tend to have Porridge and a Whey Protein Shake, or Wheatbix and a Whey protein shake
    Ah... No protein shake :(
    I love oatmeal. Don't buy instant oatmeal. Add a little cinnamon and a banana and the only sugar is good sugar from fruit. It's yummy!
    Lots of Oatmeal recommendations, i guess ima try it now!
    Also..make a protein shake at night.
    Protein shake = dislike... I like to eat my calories instead of drinking them.
    "The sugar in America".... There is nothing different. You're just eating more than you burn.
    High fructose corn syrup? no other countries used it as much as it is used in America!
    No offense just sayin...
  • FSL010
    Options
    Okay so this is what im gonna stock for breakfast for the next 2 weeks:
    - Greek yogurt
    - Oatmeal
    - Eggs
    - Wheat bread (Great value :bigsmile: )
    - Peanut butter
    - Bananas

and maybe Salmon.

Thanks everyone!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Yes, try oatmeal. It is very filling.
    Also, greek yogurt - add in some fruit to give it more flavor/sweetness.

Eggs of course - I personally like mine over easy, but I also love hard boiled.

Edit: Well, looks like you're already covered, actually. c:
  • FSL010
    Options
    Yes, try oatmeal. It is very filling.
    Also, greek yogurt - add in some fruit to give it more flavor/sweetness.

Eggs of course - I personally like mine over easy, but I also love hard boiled.

Edit: Well, looks like your already covered, actually. c:

lol yea.. i actually like fried eggs, i think they are delicious :tongue: ... not really, i just eat them cuz they are healthy :ohwell: i used to hate eggs and cucumbers when i was a kid. Still hate cucumbers!!!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I usually eat high protein like an egg white omelet with diced ham or bacon. If you can eat it within 30 mins of waking up I have found my metabolism and body responds well to that. Enjoy
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal with bananas (or peaches-the dole brand in a jar is good) and a dollup of fat free whip cream. also I make the oatmeal with vanilla unsweetened almond milk.
    eggs with turkey bacon is good as well
  • Frances4646
    Options
    there's a blog called chocolate covered katie which does really healthy desserts. She makes these baked oatmeal things which are amazing and would be good as snacks or for breakfast. She does a cookie dough one but I think the best is the banana bread one
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Oats
    Nuts
    Eggs
    Dark berries
    Apples
    Bananas

Or try the meat and nut breakfast.
    Red meat & nuts raise acetylcholine. The meat allows for a slow and steady rise in blood sugar. The nuts provide a great source of healthy smart fats that allows the blood sugar to remain stable for an extended period of time.

Alternatively go for fish, chicken, eggs and oils.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've been doing make-ahead steel cut oats for the last couple of weeks.

Toppings include raspberries/blueberries or bananas plus 1/4c nuts (walnuts or almonds respectively).

I like having "grab and go" brekkie in my fridge.

http://www.thekitchn.com/oatmeal-in-jars-a-week-of-stee-143623
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I like a good hit of protein in the morning, so eggs often fill the bill for me. Keeping hard-boiled eggs on hand makes a quick breakfast.

Fat Free Cottage cheese with tomatoes
    Fat Free yogurt
    Water Pack Tuna

I love protein for breakfast and to start my day. Small amount of cheese on a corn tortila.

Shirley in Oregon
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I make overnight smoothie packs! I fill an ice cube tray with greek yogurt and put it in the freezer, then I fill sandwich bags with different fruits for different smoothies. In the mornings, I dump a bag into the blender with a few "yogurt cubes" and some milk, and make a smoothie! They're really good!

And I almost always have oatmeal and add baked apples (slice up an apple, throw it into a sandwich bag, pour a little water inside, and put in the microwave for 35-45 seconds until they're soft.) And if you REALLY like sweets (I do, too!) you can add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or strawberries to your oatmeal. It's delicious.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I often have a couple of slices of grilled (broiled in US I think) bacon, and I put some sliced cherry tomatoes under there as well, along with 2-3 eggs, either scrambled, poached or hard boiled. (occasionally fried as well, in a non-stick pan with no fat)

I put this on a bed of cress (A hairy biker's trick - UK pals will know what I mean) or 1 slice of wholegrain, comes in around 380-450 cals. I find if I eat enough granola or porridge with yoghurt and fruit to fill me up, it's over 500 cals and I feel hungry earlier than the bacon and eggs.

I also like salmon, lots of fruit, omelette and huevoes rancheros for a change. I make chilli beans to my own recipe as they are a good mix of protein and carbs.