Today is busted.

Options
Well, I did really well today until a little while ago. My boyfriend really wanted me to try some cookies he got. I said yes, which was my choice. I have been low-carbing (and doing VERY well) and I knew the cookies and sugar would cause cravings and crash my carb thing I have going on. But I munched two of them anyway.

Well, then he wanted a shake from McDonald's. I went and got one and a Mcdouble for my puppies. They accidentally made two large chocolate shakes instead of one and gave me the other one free. The whole way to McDonald's I told myself there is no need to turn two cookies into a whole pizza, ya know. Don't just munch a bunch of stuff out of stress (we have had a couple of really, really stressful things happen the last couple days). Then when I got home, I had about 1/5 of the large shake and about 1/3 of the Mcdouble.

So I busted my day by going over almost 600 calories and checked in at 99 carbs for the day.

Oh Boy. But, I am going to just pick myself up, dust off and keep going. I don't do "cheat days" and I try to keep this a lifestyle and not a diet, so one day won't fail the big plan!!

Just had to put that out there.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Well, I did really well today until a little while ago. My boyfriend really wanted me to try some cookies he got. I said yes, which was my choice. I have been low-carbing (and doing VERY well) and I knew the cookies and sugar would cause cravings and crash my carb thing I have going on. But I munched two of them anyway.

Well, then he wanted a shake from McDonald's. I went and got one and a Mcdouble for my puppies. They accidentally made two large chocolate shakes instead of one and gave me the other one free. The whole way to McDonald's I told myself there is no need to turn two cookies into a whole pizza, ya know. Don't just munch a bunch of stuff out of stress (we have had a couple of really, really stressful things happen the last couple days). Then when I got home, I had about 1/5 of the large shake and about 1/3 of the Mcdouble.

So I busted my day by going over almost 600 calories and checked in at 99 carbs for the day.

Oh Boy. But, I am going to just pick myself up, dust off and keep going. I don't do "cheat days" and I try to keep this a lifestyle and not a diet, so one day won't fail the big plan!!

I win! I went over my calories by 1000 yesterday and today no way I'm going to try to figure it out. I think I have a carb issue too.
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Hey Kitten...

Sorry to hear your day went against plan, but so very happy that you are keeping a good outlook toward this. I really do believe it's our attitude that largely determines our success, along with applying our knowledge. Like you said, dust yourself off. Tomorrow is a new day and I know from being your MFP friend that you are one determined person.

((((( Hugs ))))
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sorry your day was such a flop - one day isn't going to hurt...

On another note - puppies do not need McDonalds of any sort... Unless you meant something else.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    600 cals probably only just put you to maintenance so its no big deal at all.
  • kaia119
    Options
    *hugs* I went over my calories yesterday by only 30 cals and I felt terrible. You are way stronger than me for doing the low carb thing! You will have a better day tomorrow!
  • lenjaw
    lenjaw Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I think you're incredibly brave for putting that out there. We all have days where we struggle and make the wrong choices, the most important thing is that you let it go and get back on track. I'm positive that you have it in you!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You are right...one bad evening will not derail you. Today is a clean slate. Live and learn!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You were still under 2000 cals which means you were probably still at or below maintenance. And 99 carbs is still low. Doesn't look like you have anything to stress over to me.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Good for you for turning a terrible day into a positive outlook. By doing that, you have taken a step towards success. But I must question why you are feeding your dog’s McDonalds...... If McDonalds is killing us, then don't you think it is doing the same to your dog? Dogs should only be eating dog food or food specifically made for dogs....
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    lmao.....keep your eye on the ball people. It's not the first time a doggie in the world had something other than 'doggie' food....and I assure you it won't be the last. And I'm pretty sure it's not nearly the piece of information the op wanted or guessed anyone would focus on.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awe, my dogs eat people food. Granted not a lot but I think its healthy for them to have a mix of food and they are great at prerinse detail! I almost always have eggs for breakfast and have heard eggs are good for them, so they lick out the bowl. I stuff their chew toys with hot dogs and cheese. Keeps em busy for hours trying to figure out how the heck to get that out of them!
    I don't go to fast food places so they don't get that stuff, but if you only knew what was really in dog food you would be cooking for your hounds!

Kitten, you know you are doing great, so shake it off and get back on with the program. Wasn't that big a deal, really. Its one day at a time.

Namaste,
    Christine
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the encouragement. I haven't done so well today either, but I am committed to my journey and am grateful to have so many people to look to for support and encouragement!!

And yes, I know McDonald's isn't good for the poodles (that is what I call them even though neither one is an actual poodle). But they give me those big sweet pitiful poodle eyes and I just give in. I know they shouldn't have junk and that is exactly what most fast food is, just like I shouldn't have junk. But we are all on the path to a healthier lifestyle, poodles included!!
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kitten~
    Go for a long walk with the boyfriend and poodles and work off the excess!!! Then log it all and call it a day :flowerforyou:
  • cyndispot
    Options
    Today is so not busted. It has a little crook in it maybe, but it's not busted. What good choices did you make today? (And if you haven't made any yet, then make one now.) Start there and then make another good choice. And another. See today is recoverable.