Anyone tried the superdrug meal replacement shakes?

Options
It comes in a tin of powder and its like £5. i bought some the other day and im planning to replace only one meal a day, i eat quite healthy and excersize daily.

does anyone know if its any good?? id like to hear :)

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If you already eat healthy and exercise, why would you change that? What's the goal?
  • Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I only use Shakeology....there aren't any stimulants or chemicals and it's all natural. Its probably the healthiest meal of my day haha :)
  • nusheenh
    Options
    If you already eat healthy and exercise, why would you change that? What's the goal?
    [/quote

I dont know lol just want to try them to see if they boost my weight loss or anything ??
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried it once its awful I only did it for a day! I would like to try shakeology but we don't have it in the UK and I would any drink as part of my normally eating plan and not on its own its too dangerous even if natural x
  • nusheenh
    Options
    I only use Shakeology....there aren't any stimulants or chemicals and it's all natural. Its probably the healthiest meal of my day haha :)

Its quite hard to find in the uk :(
  • nusheenh
    Options
    I tried it once its awful I only did it for a day! I would like to try shakeology but we don't have it in the UK and I would any drink as part of my normally eating plan and not on its own its too dangerous even if natural x

Do you mean the taste was awful or just the experience of trying it? lol xx
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I dont know lol just want to try them to see if they boost my weight loss or anything ??
    There's nothing special in meal replacement shakes that will boost your weight loss. They are just a way of helping you create a calorie deficit - which you can do with real food. It works for some people because they don't like having to make decisions about what to eat. Personally, I'd prefer to eat the real food. :smile:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Just keep doing what you're doing already. See if you can return the tin of magic powder instead of looking for a reason to use it instead of eating good foods and working out.

There's no magic bullet, no magic powder or pill. Hard work, time, effort, and patience make all the difference.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love "Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein" It comes in powder form, and tastes really good..... Gold Standard is the only brand of powder I buy
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    It's processed. Anything "natural" is picked, harvested or butchered. Don't let advertisement fool you into thinking that drinking a shake is natural because the ingredients are natural. It's supplementation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I use GNLD GR Control...it's a diet rotein powder...like what you bought.. it has 120 cals, 18 grams of protein, has 1/3 the daily required vitamins/minerals, and all 23 amino acids... TASTES GREAT, and is NOT AVALIABLE in stores...it is found by direct distributers...however you can google it on the internet and find a source...it is available all over the world..and is actually listed on our food database...I started using it 2 ears ago, obvioulsy tasty if I am still using it...have not really changed anything else, including the fact that I eat out alot and don't exercise..I have lost slowly, but I have lost 36 lbs.... if you want to try this, I sugest becoming a distributer which is only a small cost...that way you can get a 35% discount on everything, also if you buy by the case you will get 6 for the price of 5....oh, I almost forgot..this company has been around 50 years, ALL PRODUCTS ar guarenteed to be GLUTEN FREE, and all ingredients are of the utmost quality, from the purest sources...VERY CLEAN..I feel that this company is the BEST...info on products can be found on thier website...good luckOH and it is SOY BASED
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I love "Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein" It comes in powder form, and tastes really good..... Gold Standard is the only brand of powder I buy
    When supplementing, ON products are the ones I trust too. Love Gold Standard Whey and Nitrocore24.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nusheenh
    Options

Just keep doing what you're doing already. See if you can return the tin of magic powder instead of looking for a reason to use it instead of eating good foods and working out.

There's no magic bullet, no magic powder or pill. Hard work, time, effort, and patience make all the difference.

Tin of magic powder, lool i understand what your saying though. thank you x
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own shake? I make shakes/smoothies for lunch on weekends a lot. There are tons of recipes out there and you just need fruits (and/or veggies), protein powder and some kind of milk (I use unsweetened almond). Mine end up around 350 cals, give or take.
  • nusheenh
    Options

Where do you buy that from?
  • nusheenh
    Options
    Why not make your own shake? I make shakes/smoothies for lunch on weekends a lot. There are tons of recipes out there and you just need fruits (and/or veggies), protein powder and some kind of milk (I use unsweetened almond). Mine end up around 350 cals, give or take.

Ive kind of tried making my own but they just come out tasting really horrible :( lol maybe i need a better recipie.
  • SaffSaad
    Options

This. I'll have that as a snack. replacement shakes doesn't really work for me I think having 300-400 cal meal is more satisfying.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

protein powder isnt a meal replacement drink... its protein!
  • SaffSaad
    Options

Where do you buy that from?

You're from the UK right try this website http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I have not and would not try them. Food is good.