my weaknesses

punkinpoo
punkinpoo Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I like to snack on potato chips when I am watching tv. I need to change that habit and snack on food that is not fattening.

Replies

• jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    my weakness was cheese. i put it on everything! and would literally crave it if i didnt eat it... i gave it up cold turkey for Lent... and pretty sure i wont add it back into my diet. I eat a lot more avocados now. : )
  • aanjg192
    aanjg192 Posts: 1
    maybe you should try carrots or some other vegetable and maybe some low fat ranch dip
  • sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    I'm right there with you. I tried snakcing on popcorn but it got too buttery lol So I started getting carrot and celery sticks that are think sliced. If they are kept in water they stay really crunchy and I love that crunch!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Popcorn is a good snack as long as you stick to the "Smart Pop" kind. You also add flavouring which doesn't have a lot of calories. Those flavoured rice cakes are pretty good too. But I agree with the others, snacking on veggies is probably your best snacking option.
  • cmichel
    cmichel Posts: 12
    Sometimes I just need something crunchy. I try to stick to carrot chips, edaname or pickles. I almost bought potatoe chips today but put them back at the last minute.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Baked tortillas and salsa, crackers and hummus, popcorn( I make homemade on the stove most times, then it only has what you put in it) Fresh fruit, veg and dip, granola bars ( I pretty much only buy Kashi or Nature Valley, cals aren't too low, but a little goes a long way)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    . I almost bought potatoe chips today but put them back at the last minute.

Good Job, I hav ethe problem where if it's in the house I'll most likely eat it, but at the store it's easier to resist
  • My favorite thing is pomegranites. It takes so long to get out all the seeds and eat them that it will last all evening or throughout the whole movie. Won't work at a movie theater though because there isn't enough light to see the seeds. LOL.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Hummus and the Special K crackers and Quaker mini-rice cakes are about the only things that satisfy my desire for crunch!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Ice cream, but not any ice cream. It has to be Hagan Dazs Strawberry; if it's near me I got to eat it.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Popcorn is a good snack as long as you stick to the "Smart Pop" kind. You also add flavouring which doesn't have a lot of calories.

actually, pop weavers regular buttered popcorn is only 25 calories PER CUP of popped pop corn. i make it my late night snack and sprinkle some cajun season and salt. the pepper in the cajun seasoning helps jumpstart the metabolism. :) i LOVE eating it and i crave it like CRAZY if i dont have it in the house. Popcorn in general, UNLESS its DOWSED like crazy in butter is pretty healthy.
This discussion has been closed.