Fitbit Advice?

Options
I'm thinking of purchasing a Fitbit today. I know that a lot of people own them - what are your opinions if you're an owner?

Replies

• fwalz3
    fwalz3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to read the replies, I just ordered the fitbit and the scale for myself.
  • targetcc
    Options
    It's great for tracking steps and stairs, but I like the fact that it tracks and adjusts for calories burned throughout the day. If you get one, make sure that you get the FitBit One (the latest model that syncs via bluetooth with your phone). Good luck!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit. It keeps me aware of how much moving I do in a day. I aim for 10,000 steps during the week and at least 10 flights of stairs during the week. On the weekends, I am to do 8,000 steps and 8 flights of stairs.
    I like that it can tell how many times you wake up at night and how long it took you to fall asleep.
    The only disadvantage is if you don't do walking as your main exercise, then it doesn't track other things (such as swimming, zumba). My main exercise is walking so, I really like it.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to see replies. I'm getting one for Christmas.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I loved mine until I accidentally forgot to remove it from my gym clothes. Threw it in the washer and my fitbit broke. I was able to revive it once, but the second time I threw it in the wash the fitbit was a goner :(

I saw the new fitbits are a lot cheaper than the $99 one I purchased three years ago so I may consider buying a new one. If I buy a new fitbit I am putting signs on my laundry basket and washing machine to check my gym clothes for the fitbit!!!
  • losinghollyann
    losinghollyann Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra, and got it in May. I LOVE it, always have it on. It's made me much more aware of what kind of activity levels I used to have, and what I need to change. I track all food and exercise thru MFP, but together with the Fitbit, it's a lot of powerful information. I would buy the One, though - it does bug me that mine won't synch when I am away from my pc and I travel often so I don't like that. Good luck - you will love it!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Mine is great in keeping me active and giving a good idea of what my base activity level is. Also, it's easy to hide so you don't get a million questions a day about it. However, I'm thinking of moving to a BodyMedia unit to help increase accuracy. Not looking forward to the questions that the armband will cause.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. It is such a motivator to get steps in and burn calories and it syncs with MFP. It is like my phone, always with me!! Never leave home without it....
  • 23SVM88
    Options
    Bump
  • Mandysp82
    Mandysp82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the fitbit! I really want the new that syncs with your phone, but even the one that syncs with the computer is awesome! I wear mine every single day, it motivates to get up and move.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip, and I really like it, I didn't feel the need to track stairs and sleep. I do like that it adjusts calories through out the day and syncs with my iphone and mac wirelessly. It is giving me the extra push, that I need to get these last few pounds off! And I like that it is so small and I can clip it on easily and undetected and wear it all day, and that it makes no noise at all.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! You will too!!
  • Judyann6
    Options
    I have the FITBIT Zip and love it. It keeps me on track with my steps and calories that I burn during the day. I would love the bigger one that counted steps.
  • Commit2FitOnline
    Options
    I love it and have recommended it to several friends. It allows me to see my efforts in real time so I can push myself to the next level.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    love love love mine. I have the ultra. This is the way I think its' broke down

the zip -- counts steps and I think calories burned..and links to mfp and fitbit
    the ultra -- counts steps, monitors sleep ( if you wear it while you sleep) and calculates floors climbed and calories burned / links to both sites
    the one -- does everything the ultra does and is bluetooth capable

To the poster who washed theirs...call customer service I've heard more than a dozen stories of people doing that ..they call the fitbit customer service and get it replaced for free. They are supposed to be awesome like that
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Zip. It was cheaper and it syncs with bluetooth to my iPhone 4s and my computer. I ABSOLUTELY love it! I sync it and then it syncs to MFP and I only have to enter my food and exercise once. It is small, quiet, FABULOUS. It has totally motivated me to move. There have been nights where I was only 1000 steps from my 10,000 goal so I will jog in place just to make sure I hit my 10,000 every day! Love it.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    right at the moment I do not like mine.....it is not tracking....right....I spent 90 mins. at the gym sweating like a pig :laugh: and it said I only burnt 230 calories.....but when I log what I did in with MFP the numbers was like 570 something....so I 'm not liking fitbit right now till I figure out what is wrong.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have had my Ultra since May. I have NEVER regretted getting. I wear it every single day. I used to be in and out of my car for 8 hours a day and I never had issues with it picking up driving like I had with other pedometers. I love that I don't have to log anything here to update my "normal" daily movements. I tell everyone about it.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    its not worth the money. just use this site and log exercise, spend the money you will save on xmas.

xxx
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump