When do you workout?

Options
I am wondering when everyone works out. I thought about the mornings, but my muscles seem to not want to cooperate in the mornings and by the time I get off of work get supper and take care of kids, I am wore out. So I want to know what works better for you or if you have any suggestions. I have to have kids at school by 7:45 and be at work by 8:00 if that helps.

Replies

• juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Typically at 6 AM. at 645 I get the kids up. But if I want to sleep then I do. I too work so when I get off work and cook dinner and do homework. I do it then. So it is usually around 7 in the evening. I am tired as well. But once I get started I finish ! You have to find what works best for you! good luck!
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym right after work (4pm) on most days, which works well for me since the gym is on the campus of where I work. I just work my schedule around the concept that I really don't "get off of work" until 5:00. Obviously this wouldn't work for everyone's schedule.

I never really have an issue at all with having enough energy at this time of day.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can find the time. Usually M,W, and F, I start at 6 since I don't have to be at work until 830. Tu, Th, is usually after work, before dinner, around 430. Sa & Su is a toss up, it's whenever the baby takes a nap and I can drop what I'm doing.

Exercising is a habit, the more you do it, the more you will do it, if you get what I mean. I don't know if I understand what you're saying about your muscles not wanting to cooperate in the mornings, but it sounds like you might be reaching for that as an excuse. Just do it mama, you'll be glad you did.

If a time crunch is the issue, try finding a 30 minute workout DVD, or going for a quick 15-20 walk or run. Both are good options for cardio. I never realized how good of a workout a brisk walk can be until that was all I could do during pregnancy. If you want suggestions for quick DVD's that are effective, I love love love Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and her ripped in 30 videos. I got great results from the 30 DS, and am halfway through ripped in 30 and am loving it.

Good luck!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Evenings, always.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Im at the gym by 5am and home by time hubby needs to go to work at 7:30- im not there that long, just saying it leaves plenty of time
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - First thing when I get home from work.

Weekends - Whenever I get the chance.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    5:30ish - 7:00ish (AM) If I'm working at home or traveling and using the hotel equipment. If I don't workout 1st thing, it's probably not going to happen.
  • staceyb13
    Options
    After work, about 5pm. I have to be to work at 6am so there's no way to workout before then. Then Saturdays have bootcamp at 9am.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    My work out times change. I get up early in the AM and run 3-4 days a week, I love the great start to my day. The other days I will go to the gym for strength training and do that right after work so I'm home by 6:30-7 since it doesn't take much time to do. On the weekends I try and do my workouts just after lunchtime, I get the laundry up and going and then head out after the first switch from washer to dryer so that I can switch again when I get home. On the Saturdays I work, I work out before work...same as work week.
  • Aish30
    Aish30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi!

I start work at 9 am and have to leave home by 7.45 am to travel. I wake up early and cycle 7 miles before work. I get home around 7 pm; start the dinner and cycle another 4 miles whilst dinner is cooking. Somedays when I can't be axx to wake up in the morning to cycle, I do it in the evening.
    I play badminton twice a week for an hour from 8 to 9 pm.
    I recently started running ( two weeks ago more precisely ) and run 3 miles during the week.
    During the week, I run around 8.30 pm.

I work monday to friday.

During the weekend; I cycle 20 miles on saturday and 20 miles on sunday. And run between 2-3 miles on saturdays.

I take either one or two days off a week depending on how I feel.

I have had the same routine for 5 years plus. I have cut down on my cycling. I used to cycle 20 miles a day seven days a week. I also used to swim a few times a week. I have a huge passion for cycling, badminton and swimming. But too much of a good thing is not good ... so I cut down.

After all my wild adventure; I have dinner around 9.30pm or 10 pm and crash out to bed within 20 minutes. I also eat clean and everything I want in moderation. I never restrict nor deny myself any food which I want as I don't want to have a food issue. I love food too much for that. I eat between 1600-2000 calories a day. One day a week, like today, I have a take out. Sometimes twice a week. I am an intuitive eater. I don't have any specific times to eat. I just eat when am hungry but I always and always eat before bed otherwise I feel like the whole world gonna carsh down on me.

It's damn difficult to wake up in the morning to exercise and even more killing in the evening when you are completely worn out; but if you start small, you will make it. Don't give up. Just try whenever you can and fit in whatever exercise you can. Best of luck to you. x
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    6 am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I lift. I play basketball Wednesday and either Tuesday or Thursday at for cardio.
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well what I mean about the mornings is that I cant hardly move, its not because i'm sleepy its just that I do not seem as flexible in the mornings. It may be that I am not warming up enough. It seems that the mornings would actually be better, #1 boost metabolism and #2 go ahead and get it out of the way for the day.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well what I mean about the mornings is that I cant hardly move, its not because i'm sleepy its just that I do not seem as flexible in the mornings. It may be that I am not warming up enough. It seems that the mornings would actually be better, #1 boost metabolism and #2 go ahead and get it out of the way for the day.

I take a pre-workout that helps me get woke up and also just do some stretching and like a 3 minute walk on the treadmill to warm up.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I work out after work around 6pm. I'm a commuter so I go to a gym that's on my way home. After that I go home make and eat dinner and then do insanity.