Trying to psych myself up to break a plateau! Pic Heavy!

Replies

• srob98
    srob98 Posts: 41 Member
    WOW! You look amazing! And I looooove that purple dress!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Exactly what plateau?

I have been stuck at 137 since June or July. I am only a few lbs. from goal. I run 3 miles a day, HIIT 5 times a week, and elliptical on days I just want an extra burn or if the weather is bad for running. I eat 1400-1500 calories a day.
    Stop doing the HIIT or eat more than 1500 calories a day.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Yes you would be way more than 1500 calories needed if you are that close to goal. You should only be eating 10% below TDEE to lose that last little bit not more.
  • amazing work!!!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    wow you look so different! when i first saw the pics i thought wow..showed my husband and he said its like a family resemblance doesnt quite look the same he says the last pic looks like you could be your own daughter lol x
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Exactly what plateau?

I have been stuck at 137 since June or July. I am only a few lbs. from goal. I run 3 miles a day, HIIT 5 times a week, and elliptical on days I just want an extra burn or if the weather is bad for running. I eat 1400-1500 calories a day.
    Stop doing the HIIT or eat more than 1500 calories a day.

Was waiting for that advice. Strength training would be beneficial for you as well.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    You look a lot younger and very glamourous in the purple dress. Great work :)
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    This is crazy! You look so much younger! Great job! You dont even look like the same person!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Are you Benjamin Button? It looks like you aged backwards! Great job! As other posters have said, pick up some weights! Switch up your work out routine to break that plateau.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    If you never get off the plateau and just stay where you are - you are in a great place. I hope you reach your goal without obsessing about it or letting the lack of progress throw you off track (been there, done that).
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    You look AMAZING!!! WTG! I also like the idea of strength training. I've actually gained weight within the last year (muscle mass) but my body comp is much smaller (size 6-8 dress size) Blah, the scale - never again!! haha

Set point theory is something to think about -

http://healthscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=551:the-set-point-theory&catid=102:jeff-novicks-blog&Itemid=267
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Hi! When my weight loss stalled out -around the same time as you- in July, I went on with the 3500 calories per week deficit for a couple of frustrating months. Then I decided to go on maintenance, but actually I've been eating about 1000-500 calories per week under maintenance and I've lost 7 lbs since then. 7 lbs over 5 months is a far cry from 5 lbs per month like I was for that previous 15 months BUT I think it was really the only way to go for me at this point. Now I usually eat between 1800 and 2300 calories per day, do weights 2-3 times per week and cardio 2-3 times per day (plus a little bit of cardio on my lifting days too).

Good luck reaching your goal! I agree that you look fantastic but it's your goal that matters :smile:

ETA a good link http://gokaleo.com/?p=666

Body Composition: That ‘Last Five Pounds’
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    you look great!
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Wow...you look amazing! So inspiring!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Fantastic job!!! You look amazing!
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    What is in a number? You look 130 lbs to me and absolutely beautiful. Super job!!
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    WOW! You look amazing! And I looooove that purple dress!

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I wore that to my 20 yr. high school reunion in June! Everyone loved it! They all said I looked like I was in my 20's and better than I did in HS.
  • MommyRobin
    If you never get off the plateau and just stay where you are - you are in a great place. I hope you reach your goal without obsessing about it or letting the lack of progress throw you off track (been there, done that).

Oh never! I will not be thrown off. I just want to get through the holidays and still fit in all my new party dresses. lol. The number is just a mind thing. I want to say I did it. I don't really obsess about it. This is a lifelong thing for me. I will log my calories and exercise forever. It's not even a big deal anymore with a smart phone. And thanks! This is a great place, best I've ever been! :drinker:
  • MommyRobin
    I'm a size 4 dress size. I've never done any real lifting. Just 10 lb. weights with my Jillian Michaels workouts. I hate going to the gym and I have 4 kids to deal with. After January, I may just suck it up and go. When my baby starts kindergarten next year, I will definitely have time.
  • madd791
    madd791 Posts: 13 Member
    very nice...husband must be happy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!