Question about 30DS and Ripped in 30

Options
2»

Replies

• alisonfindyourdiva
    Options
    Thank you! Is it harder than ripped in 30? I read someone recommened to do 30 day shred then ripped in 30. Where would you put in BFBM?
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I don't believe rest days are required for a 20-30 minute workout with light dumbells.
    Rest days are imperative for heavy lifting or for prolonged, high intensity cardio like distance running. Jillian is neither of those things, but her DVDs do produce results. (or they did for me)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I don't believe rest days are required for a 20-30 minute workout with light dumbells.
    Rest days are imperative for heavy lifting or for prolonged, high intensity cardio like distance running. Jillian is neither of those things, but her DVDs do produce results. (or they did for me)
    For people who have no or almost no level of fitness, taking a rest day per week is not going to cause harm. Perhaps you've never experienced that, but many others have.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Is it harder than ripped in 30? I read someone recommened to do 30 day shred then ripped in 30. Where would you put in BFBM?
    I've not done BFBM. Main reason for me being that it's a slightly longer workout than many of her others. From what I've read, they're about 45 minutes. That's fine, honestly, but I like keeping it right around 30 because it allows me to do it in the morning before work. Here's a link to the product page on Amazon, where there are a multitude of reviews you can read. http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Banish-Boost-Metabolism/dp/B001NFNFN0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1354909468&sr=8-12&keywords=jillian+michaels
    I've heard good things about it and her other slightly longer one, No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ), but really have no interest in doing them myself. I've done 30DS, RI30, Kickbox FastFix, 6 Week 6 Pack and am currently doing Killer Abs. The Kickboxing one was fun, mostly cardio. I didn't really care for 6W6P, but I did it anyway. Many people like it, however, so just because I didn't doesn't mean anything. I'm actually LOVING Killer Abs, but I think that's because I've gotten through the others, so the workouts no longer make me feel like death, though I still get sore. lol