Options
2»

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!
    Please heal up and rest.
    Worry about the weight and exercising in 5 1/2 more weeks when your cleared for it.

Enjoy being a mommy!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about losing the weight right now. Just take care of yourself and the baby:smile:
    I had 3 c sections and nursed my babies and the weight melted right off within a few months.
    Just try to eat healthy and drink lots of water!
  • SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mommy here of 2 c-sections! don't push yourself too hard the first 4-6 weeks, even if you feel good. I felt great and never ended up needing my pain meds. I remember asking my midwife at 2 week wound check if I could go play hockey. no. haha!

my advice is to kick back and bond with baby for the first two weeks. Then at the 2 week check ask about walking. If you feel good, chances are you're healing well. Then (because it's cold outside) find a gym with a track or a gym. Babywear your little one (they usually won't daycare infants under 6 weeks) and walk the track (offer to sign a waiver if they get funny about it). Walk as long as your little heart desires. I walked every day for 60-90 minutes every day at the gym babywearing. Then when you get your 6 week postpartum check over with, you can start adding more exercise.

My little one is 11 months old. Prepregnancy weight I was 176. 11 months ago I was 225!!!! Today I'm at 152. It IS possible, and you CAN do it!!
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    DO NOT OVER STRAIN YOURSELF!!! After 2 weeks or so I tried to walk to the local supermarket, and collapsed. Wait for a minimum of 6 weeks.
    You can sort your diet and exercise out later. Just eat healthy. And if you are breastfeeding, eat enough.

Big Congrats though. Add me if you like xx
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used a Belly Bandit starting immediatley after my c-section, not only does it help with releiving pressure and not injuring yourself while moving around, it definitley helps you begin to re-gain control of your abdominal muscles. Its really worth a shot, it worked for me.
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had my c-section 8/30/12, so I know the need to lose weight fast and be back into those pre-pregnancy jeans! I took the advice of everyone and just enjoyed my baby and kept breastfeeding at my 6 week post op, I had lost 30lbs :) just breastfeeding and eating clean, less processed stuff etc... I started working out with Stroller Strides (look it up) after being released and all I could do was walk at first, my baby is now 14 weeks and I'm jogging/running now.

The best advice I can give you is to enjoy your baby and take it easy, you will get there- we all will :) Time is so limited with baby right now, they are only this little for this period in life, when time passes you wish you would have enjoyed those early days- trust me I am a mother of 3 boys, 13, 7 and 14 week old!! I had two c-sections and one vbac :)

Congrats on your bundle of joy!
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time to heal both physically and mentally.

I've had 3 c-sections and am almost back down to my pre preg weight at only 3 months post. You can do it mama, just give yourself some time to heal.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Like I said before I'm not exercising yet.. just eating the right foods to lose the weight.. My body is ready to go though, I've been up and walking around since the day after the c-section. I've completely resumed normal life with the exception of lifting things that are too heavy. I'm still waiting to really work out but I think its ok to try and lose weight at this point.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My first was a c-section (second was natural). I was up and walking by the next morning. I didn't "work out" right away- hell I didn't "work out" until after I had my second :blushing: . I did however start walking about a week after I had him (my first). I needed the outside air and therapy of getting out. I wore him in a Moby wrap and started with .5 a mile at a time. Take it small steps at a time . . . . I wouldn't lift for awhile though- those interior stitches are still healing the wound
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about exercising right now! Just worry about healing and eating well and when your body is ready then exercise will be awesome. Congrats on the new baby!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk. Go slow. :-)

Enjoy your baby. Because tomorrow...they will be getting on the school bus.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had my daughter March 12th, my 2nd emergency c section. If you aren't breastfeeding, the best thing to begin with is cutt calories, extra sugars, fats, etc.. then, just do whatever you can. I reccomend wearing some kind of belly band when you start working out.

At 6 weeks PP, I started doing 30 day shred.. I just modified some of the moves (especially jumping jacks!) so that my insides didn't fall out, took it slow, and worked up to doing the regular routines.
    I've lost about 70 lbs since then. Good luck! and add me if you wat :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had 2 C-Sections so I know how you feel. don't rush into anything right now, just take care of your health and your baby. you'll have plenty of time to focus on weight loss after.

This! Don't do what I did and miss the first precious time with your babe worrying about your weight. When you're ready start going out for walks and slowly do more and more until maybe you can try some mommy and me classes when youre feeling better. You will probably drop like 20lbs of water weight within a couple weeks and your tummy will not feel like jello forever. Focus on your little one, getting as much sleep as you can in and start with trying to eat well.
  • JessicaEsqueda
    Options
    Congrats on you new little one! Try to take some time for yourself to rest and recover, even if you feel great! Those 6 weeks are really crucial!

After my first, I tried to get moving too soon and ended up tearing my incision open several inches. NOT FUN!!! Rest- the weight will come off!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 c-sects here... the first one is the worst..they get easier after this one.

If your breast feeding you will burn tons of calories so don't skimp on eating. I gained an avg of 60lbs each kid and lost 40 within a couple months thanks to breast feeding.

Wait until the pain is gone and start with just walks around the neighborhood...Congrats your baby...take it slow.