Yogurt on pancakes?? What crazy combos do you do?

Options
I just though i would share and maybe others do this as well. When i eat pancakes (whole wheat of course) i use yogurt and fresh fruit instead of syrup. The people at work thought this was weird and nasty until they noticed all the weight i had lost. I use fiber one yogurt because it has fiber and only 50 cals. Then i usually do fresh/frozen blueberries, strawberries or blackberries. So other than my crazy combo what is yours? Also when i make my pancakes i add some flax seed (ground) and physillum husk for xtra fiber and other benefits. I may have spelled physillum wrong but im pretty close in spelling. Also fiber one makes real good cottage cheese w/fiber.

Replies

• naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    well............i love low fat peanut butter and syrup on pancakes!
  • Rcasey1985
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana... I love PB & banana on almost everything though :)
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh! im totally going to look for the fiber one cottage cheese!
  • bememorable
    Options
    That is EXACTLY how I eat them:)
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I make grilled cheese sandwiches, I generally add peanut butter. I have changed up my grilled cheese by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, a better for me peanut butter, and pam on the pan instead of butter on the bread (whole wheat of course...love the 45 cal bread!). Melty peanut butter is the best. Mix it with yummy cheese, to die for! Not to mention good fats and some protein added to the sammy :-)
  • BlueyedMLE
    Options
    Well I have an answer that raises an eyebrow :huh: every time I say it... I put turkey or roasted chicken gravy on my whole wheat pancakes.. But it is delish!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I like ketchup on my french toast. People that I have told this too are not only adamantly against it, but they make horrible faces like I'm eating it dipped in cow's blood or something. I don't use cinnamon or vanilla in my french toast, just whole wheat bread, egg, a little milk and pepper. Hey, a tbls of ketchup is way fewer calories than the 1/4 cup of syrup and tsp of icing sugar my husband drizzles on.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    When I make grilled cheese sandwiches, I generally add peanut butter. I have changed up my grilled cheese by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, a better for me peanut butter, and pam on the pan instead of butter on the bread (whole wheat of course...love the 45 cal bread!). Melty peanut butter is the best. Mix it with yummy cheese, to die for! Not to mention good fats and some protein added to the sammy :-)

My sister likes strawberry Jam on her grilled cheese. She swears it tastes good.
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options

Cream cheese/Peanut butter grilled cheese? That sounds fantastic! I gotta try that..

Me.. I tend to use cottage cheese instead of salad dressing. I figure I'll eat the cottage cheese anyway, might as well put it on my salad and cut out the cals from the ranch dressing I so love. :laugh:
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Yum! I love yogurt on pancakes (and waffles too!)

One of my things is to put a big scoop of cottage cheese into my oatmeal. So good!!

Another thing I do that's weird is add dried fruit or preserves to all kinds of savoury food. Like the other day, I made a wrap with tofu, avocado, tomato and lettuck, and as my 'spread' (to keep it all together) I used a smear of cashew butter and a smear of apricot preserves. So it was kinda like a cross between a wrap and a pb&j! :smile: Sounds weird but so tasty!