*raises hand*
    Any other home brewers here?

we homebrew in my house!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That stuff is like jet fuel!
    I love a good beer too!!

I have gone through many favourites lol There is a local brewery called Brewdog that are bringing out some amazing beers. They have a beer called "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" which was 32%!! gets you hammered!! :D
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    peace tree - blonde fatale
    new glarus - spotted cow
    Every running event I have participated in has beer at the end of it. Hooray Beer!!
  • TMD1033
    Options
    IPAs are my favorite, but these days I've been sippin' on:
    Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
    Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA, and
    Uinta Dubhe Black IPA

I don't think I can name an all-time favorite, too many choices...

I agree with quixoteQ, you don't have to log beer! Cheers :drinker:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Yuengling+Traditional+Lager.jpg

I LUV YUENGLING
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    BEER!

714_beer-viking.gif
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I love beer and it's part of why I run.... :smile: When I am running, I'll usually have 3-6/week and still stay within my calories without a problem. However, I'm out with an injury now and trying to really watch my carbs. I'm so sad about this.

I have Yuengling on hand at the house, but love the pale ales and blondes that come out in the summertime. I like grabbing the Sam Adam's summer box. It's got a good mix of different seasonal beers that I love....some pale, some citrus....all good. But, I also love the ambers in the winter...ok, I just love beer. :))
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yup. I fit in a large format bottle of craft beer every day. Always unique too. Just passed 650 unique beers in the last year and a half in fact. Doesn't seem to have hindered my weight loss any. Check my diary.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love ALL THE BEER.
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    I am really loving the new Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, it's super yummy :) And Wells Bombardier, omg it's AMAZING!! Very difficult to find, I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from a British pub and the guys have it shipped over from England.

That sounds delicious! I love Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, but admit I am not a super knowledgeable beer drinker (yet). I usually get a Miller Lite when I go out because I know the calorie count of it. My bf and I are starting to get into the craft beers and such, but since we live far apart currently, I don't really pursue it much since I'm trying to really be sincere about my weight loss and get a handle on things still.

The Snowdrift Porter reminds me a lot of the Leinnie's Nut Brown, but I think the Porter is more robust and has a slight coffee-ish + dark chocolate after taste. I could a beer now - any beer, it would definitley help the work day go by faster!!! ;)
  • neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    oh my, this tread is torturing me right now... really craving a delicious stout :(

i don't have a problem fitting an occasional beer into my calories, but it's the food cravings that follow the beer that get me every time. beer turns me into an eating-machine. so, i'm trying to stay away, for now...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thread. Ever.

Today is payday, and I'll be stopping by the liquor store on the way home tonight. My current faves are relatively local to Chicago, Two Brothers being at the top of the list. Goose Island still has some fantastic choices (thier IPA and Nut Brown are pretty awesome), even if InBev owns them. Great Lakes brewing company does some fine work as well. I'ts nice being near Chicago, nearly every craft brewer can distribute here. there's some west coast ones that don't make it, though, and that makes me sad.

I've been jonesing for some scotch ale, though, so I'll be getting some Belhaven for the weekend.

And I'll admit it. A can of Budweiser on a hot day is still fine by me.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I am really loving the new Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, it's super yummy :) And Wells Bombardier, omg it's AMAZING!! Very difficult to find, I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from a British pub and the guys have it shipped over from England.

That sounds delicious! I love Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, but admit I am not a super knowledgeable beer drinker (yet). I usually get a Miller Lite when I go out because I know the calorie count of it. My bf and I are starting to get into the craft beers and such, but since we live far apart currently, I don't really pursue it much since I'm trying to really be sincere about my weight loss and get a handle on things still.

The Snowdrift Porter reminds me a lot of the Leinnie's Nut Brown, but I think the Porter is more robust and has a slight coffee-ish + dark chocolate after taste. I could a beer now - any beer, it would definitley help the work day go by faster!!! ;)

Beer at work?!? sign me up. I went out with my boss for lunch many years ago and boozed it up. Only because she (yes, SHE) started it. She was cool.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've decided that my "bulk" period will always be in the fall/winter so I can enjoy all of the great seasonals that are out at this time. Working my way through the Sam Adams box now then will probably grab some New Belgium Snow Day and/or Sierra Nevada Celebration.
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I too <3 beer! I looove me some Captin Lawrence Liquid Gold...too bad I went paleo a few weeks ago and now I cant drink beer whenever I want. BUT as long as I'm good most of the time I will def be indulging now and then :)
  • jandis80
    jandis80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lmao thaf sux
  • amandanicoler93
    Options
    Oh man i use to drink Budweiser and yingling and many more beers. Have not since i started eating healthy i figured why drink all that beer like u use to if ur trying to get abs? That is not going to work ur going to get a beer belly at this rate lol and i didnt want such thing so i slowed down and eventually stopped. I am not 21 yet though so by then i will have the body i have always wanted maybe better and i may have a few beers at a bar by then..... but no more binge drinking for me. I do miss Budweiser though <3
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I :heart: Beer too:) My boyfriend and I just did a Craft Beer and Gormet Burger bar hop!!! It was awesome:drinker:

ETA: I really like the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale right now.....
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Beer at work?!? sign me up. I went out with my boss for lunch many years ago and boozed it up. Only because she (yes, SHE) started it. She was cool.

Just wondering why you felt the need to emphasize the word "SHE"? Is it because you think it would be hard to believe that a woman ould be your boss or that a woman would drink on the job? Just found that a little peculiar...
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Finally a cause I can get behind

60834_2.jpg