What is PB2

Options
What is PB2 and what do you do with it?

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It's a powdered peanut butter that comes in chocolate or regular. You can either add water to it to make it spreadable like peanut butter (put on toast, fruit, bagels, etc), or you can use it in recipes. It's quite tasty! It's only 45 calories for 2 tbsp, too. I absolutely love it. I think you can find it at natural food/whole food type stores... or online. I got mine off amazon.com.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    PB2 is made with premium quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the fat. All natural with no artificial sweeteners or preservatives. Same consistency as full-fat peanut butter with all of the roasted peanut flavor, but with more than 85% less fat calories.

Bell Plantation has succeeded at perfecting the all American staple - peanut butter! Gone are the days of denying oneself the pleasure of a PB&J sandwich because it has too much fat and calories! The perfect lunch item, snack, and kid's preference has just gotten healthier without losing any of the flavor of traditional peanut butter. Through a unique process created by Bell Plantation that does not involve the use of any chemicals nor does it alter nature's balance in peanuts; over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut. Essentially the oil is squeezed out of roasted peanuts and what remains is a peanut powder. The resulting all-natural product is unbelievable!

Two tablespoons of traditional peanut butter contains about 180 calories, while two tablespoons (approximately 12 grams) of PB2 powder, and contains just 53 calories. PB2 also contains approximately 40% protein by weight. PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that can be reconstituted with water or any liquid of your choice - juice, jelly/jam, or honey. Dip fruit directly into the powder, mix PB2 with a non-dairy frozen topping, make a milkshake or smoothie, or add it to a protein drink for improved flavor and increased protein content. Mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Can be mixed directly with jelly or jam for a PB2 and Jelly sandwich. Use your imagination with other liquids to develop your own unique flavors.

The possibilities for PB2 are limited only by the individual imagination! It is also wonderful for baking either reconstituted or as a powder. Back packers love the convenience and the nutritional intake of the elderly or ill can be enhanced when included in the diet. PB2 is the ultimate perfect food...great taste, low fat, increased protein and versatility.

Chocolate lovers will love Chocolate PB2! The same great PB2, but with just enough chocolate to make it a delectable, guilt-free spread. Delicious on graham crackers, fruit, "salty" crackers, as cupcake icing, ice cream topping, and in smoothies. These are but a few of the uses for this chocolatey, satisfying treat.
  • MLT314
    MLT314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It is really good!! I like the plain one the best, but the chocolate is okay too. I eat this with bananas for a snack a LOT!! I love the fact that it has 45 calories instead of the190 or so in the same serving of regular peanut butter.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm I love peanut butter (just look at my food diarys). I will have to get this because I feel bad when I eat peanut butter because of the cals. Thanks
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    What is PB2 and what do you do with it?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+PB2?
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I mix it into protein smoothies. A scoop of chocolate protein powder, 2 tbls pb2, some ice, and a little bit of water. Delicious.
  • design_cowgirl
    design_cowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    PB2=PURE AWESOMENESS! :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    .jpg

PB2 is a Gift from God. I luv it, use it in my Oatmeal with a banana for a super yummy Breakfast.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter with the best part removed.
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It is FANTASTIC with bananas in a smoothie. When I mix it with water to have with celery, I always have people's mouths watering because of the smell! It has a really intense peanut butter smell. Don't expect the exact same consistency as regular peanut butter, but if it is the flavor you are after, it's amazing! My local Hy-Vee even carries small single serving pouches of it that I throw in my bag when I'm traveling and need either protein boost or am just craving some PB.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    check out the pb2 smore recipe i just posted. its just peanuts with the oil removed so its better calorie wise than regular peanut butter.
  • fusion777
    Options
    PB2=PURE AWESOMENESS! :)

^^^^^this!!! I love it!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    lick it off a spoon -- sooo good
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    IT is a powder of awesomeness and the possibilities are endless. You can add water and use it as PB or PB-Cocoa with their new flavor. Add to grits, oatmeal, smoothies. Think of it as a flavoring but with nutrients. Since it's dehydrated peanuts there is less fat but still protein and its low sugar.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    1 banana + 2 TBSP of PB2. Toss that into a food processor, then into the fridge or freezer. It's like a happy-pudding.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I just raw dog it......right out of the little foil bag.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yum
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I actually just get plain peanut flour - it is just like PB2 but cheaper and with no added sugar and salt. I mix it with water to make PB, use it in smoothies too and it's great for travel! I get 2 lbs for about $11