If you could do anything over in your life, would you?

Options
Just curious - I know our experiences shape who we are today but I'm just wondering what others think. I have no regrets but I would redo a few things in my life if given the chance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten married so young and I would have stayed in college...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I wouldn't of gained 130lbs over the past 8 years.
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    I wouldn't do anything over again. Got me where I am today.
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont think I would change anything. I am so blessed with the life I've lived.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I wouldn't do anything over again. Got me where I am today.

^^ This ^^ Yes, I have regrets, but a do-over for anything means something else wouldn't have turned out the same. So I will live with my regrets and enjoy the life I have now.
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Great response Cindy.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    probably go back and do the opposite of everything ive done so far
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm sure there are a million things I'd do differently, but I don't think about it.

My favorite quote about the past: Chuck Palahniuk - "Your past is just a story. And once you realize this it has no power over you."
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I would

Biggest one - when I found out I was pregnant, I should have followed my gut instinct to NOT make it work with the father. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone through the pregnancy alone and never allowed him to be a part of it.

And I wouldn't have gained 60lbs lol
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yes definitely! my body wouldn't have so many injuries and i'm just mid 20s haha
  • Dawn_Batchelder
    Options
    I never would have started smoking. Finally quit after 35 years. Horrible habit and very had to break.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    nope. because I wouldn't be where/who I am now with out those experiences/mistakes.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Yes. I would have chosen a different banana. This one tastes like fish.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I would have listened to everyone around me when I was 18 and never picked up smoking. Just over 2 months smoke free now, but what a *kitten* after 20 years @ 2 packs/day for the last 10 or so. That said, quiting smoking is one of the reasons that got me doing this as well...if you're going to make a lifestyle change, might as well do it right all the way...well, that and the doctor asking me if I had a death wish or something.
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    As much as I want to say "YES! I have a list!" even with not being 100% satisfied today, I have to say no. Who knows where else it would have taken me, if I wouldn't have met some of the people I know now or if I'd be worse off?

So, my answer is no.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    nope. because I wouldn't be where/who I am now with out those experiences/mistakes.

This. 500% who knows. One tiny alteration could have screwed up everything I have now.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Of course the majoirty of us would change something we did especially at the so-called young and dumb age. Nevertheless life is about the choices we make, accepting responsibility for them, and moving forward.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I would have chosen a blonde

Mascot_troll_flashing.gif
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yep, I wouldn't have wasted 6 years on 2 losers....I could have had so much more fun!!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Wow Cindy... The Force is strong with this one...

I was gonna answer something different, but after reading this I understood I would not have the wife and kids i have today... so i guess no.. i wouldn't go back and change anything...