If you could do anything over in your life, would you?

Options

Replies

• Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Great response Cindy.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I wouldn't have gone to the bar later on tonight, gotten drunk, attending a playoff football game and then passed out when I got home.

Oh wait - that hasn't happened yet. Never mind...Carry On!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have made many mistakes in my life and I wouldn't change them because they have molded me into the person I am today. HOWEVER, there is one thing I've said many times that I'd go back and change. My biological father and I lived close to one another when I was in my 20's and developed a great friendship. Years later we lived in separate states and rarely got to visit. At the time I was going through a divorce and found myself a single mom struggling to make ends meet and trying to get my life back on track. My dad tried to get me to come see him early in the month of April 2002. He even offered to put new tires on my car and pay for my gas (the two excuses I used for putting off the visit). I told him we would come to visit that Memorial Day. He passed away April 26, 2002. So if I could go back and change something in my life, I'd have gone to visit when he offered. That event in my life taught me not to delay seeing the people I love when I can and telling them how much I love them often!

That's the only thing I would change. :)
  • Lamon_
    Lamon_ Posts: 16
    Options
    Of course the majoirty of us would change something we did especially at the so-called young and dumb age. Nevertheless life is about the choices we make, accepting responsibility for them, and moving forward.

Good answer
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yep, there was one thing that changed everything. If I could go back into a time machine, I would have stayed put. I would probably be famous and wealthy and doing something I love.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Because I've always been skinny, I never thought I had to work out or eat well. That way of thinking was dumb. I should have worked out more. I should have taken care of my body. Never too late!!! :)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    If I could have the same outcome I have now as far as the man I married and my children, I would definitely not let my first boyfriend distract me from finishing college so that I could have a better-paying, more enjoyable job, and I would have broken up with him sooner so that I could have had a longer single life in between relationships.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I never would have started smoking. Finally quit after 35 years. Horrible habit and very had to break.

Definitely this! I've only been smoking for 8 years, so hardly any in comparison, but it's still such a hard habit to break and so horrible!

ETA: I wouldn't change anything else, it's made me who I am today for sure.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    would have been a pharmacist...
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I would do EVERYTHING over.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    There is only one thing I have ever said, "if I could go back..." However some have made a good point about our past making us who we are today. I wouldnt change anything if it meant I wouldn't be with my husband.....

That being said, waaaay back long long time ago in a land far far away....

There was this girl in junior high who wanted to beat me up (reasons dont matter now). She was the toughest girl in school and I was scared as I had seen the results of her fights with other girls... we are talking broken noses and arms!
    I was a tomboy and wrestled with the boys all the time but I was a coward, having been raised in something of an abusive home.

She finally cornered me one day and threw a several punches at my face. I blocked most of them but the ones that landed didn't hurt at all. Looking back now, I wonder if she stopped because I didnt fight back or because her punches didn't phase me.
    This girl continued to terrorize me through high school and I was always afraid of her and others like her.

If I could, I would go back and KICK HER BUTT!!! I would have laid her out!! It may have saved other girls from her. I know it would have boosted my self esteem and confidence to say the least.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I would have stayed in state, instead of going to an out of state private college.

Here's my paycheck, student loans, you may take it all!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have no regrets. I wouldn't be the person I am now, and I'm starting to really like that person.

Although if I had to redo something in life, I would have started caring about my weight way before... but this journey has really helped me discover ME, so yeah. Maybe not.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    If the things I changed would not change the children I have now then there are things I would have done differently, saved more money, bought a different house the first time, things like that BUT since any change could affect my current life the answer would be NO. I would not do anything that could alter my beautiful family from today.
  • I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've thought about that and sometimes I think yes, but then I really analyze and if I were to change the moment I'd like to change I would not be where I am at today.
    For me, my life, 90% of the events in my life have happened for a reason. And I'm not completly certain the other 10% wouldn't alter my current situation -

so with that said - I would not change my past, just make different/better decisions in my future!
  • Save more money when it was easy to get work.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I wish I'd enjoyed my perky 20 year old boobs when I had them instead of covering them up (as was the fashion) and hating them. Now I'm considering expensive surgery to get them back to where they were pre-kids/feeding and yo-yo dieting.
    That's pretty much it, though.

Oh, and I'd have taken better care of my skin when I was younger. :)
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would have start lifting seriously at a younger age.
  • ashleyhacker
    Options
    I wouldn't of been so easy in high school and lost my virginity to a loser.