Beer Lovers Unite

Options

Replies

• petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Beer is the best thing ever. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fit in a high gravity IPA (or 4) in a 1600 calorie day. I think the only beers I don't care much for are sour beers and very yeasty wheats/belgians.
    I ♥ beer. Let me rephrase that...I ♥ GOOD beer. I ♥ to go to beer tastings. I ♥ to do brewery tours. Anyone else on this weight loss journey while trying to fit in their love of a frothy brew? What's your beer of choice?

try fitting it into a 1200 calorie day. :/
    Short girl beer lovers of the world, unite.
    I <3 IPAs.<3<3<3<3<3
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I am really loving the new Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, it's super yummy :) And Wells Bombardier, omg it's AMAZING!! Very difficult to find, I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from a British pub and the guys have it shipped over from England.

That sounds delicious! I love Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, but admit I am not a super knowledgeable beer drinker (yet). I usually get a Miller Lite when I go out because I know the calorie count of it. My bf and I are starting to get into the craft beers and such, but since we live far apart currently, I don't really pursue it much since I'm trying to really be sincere about my weight loss and get a handle on things still.

The Snowdrift Porter reminds me a lot of the Leinnie's Nut Brown, but I think the Porter is more robust and has a slight coffee-ish + dark chocolate after taste. I could a beer now - any beer, it would definitley help the work day go by faster!!! ;)

Beer at work?!? sign me up. I went out with my boss for lunch many years ago and boozed it up. Only because she (yes, SHE) started it. She was cool.

Just wondering why you felt the need to emphasize the word "SHE"? Is it because you think it would be hard to believe that a woman ould be your boss or that a woman would drink on the job? Just found that a little peculiar...

Only becuase in my experience, women in positions of authority tend to be more reserved about drinking at lunch. After work is a different story altogether. Again, this is just my experience.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh man i use to drink Budweiser and yingling and many more beers. Have not since i started eating healthy i figured why drink all that beer like u use to if ur trying to get abs? That is not going to work ur going to get a beer belly at this rate lol and i didnt want such thing so i slowed down and eventually stopped. I am not 21 yet though so by then i will have the body i have always wanted maybe better and i may have a few beers at a bar by then..... but no more binge drinking for me. I do miss Budweiser though <3

We were talking about beer :) I think you have the wrong thread.
  • firstsip
    Options
    My "diet" beer for the duration is Yards Brawler, but when I throw calories and cash to the wind, Rodenbach Grand Cru is my favorite brew.

Yesss. I can't believe I forgot to mention Grand Cru. My fiance and I savored some on Thanksgiving (that ****'s so expensive).

And in regards to everyone complaining they can't fit it in low calorie days... don't you guys work out harder to get it?! That's what I do :laugh:
  • petstorekitty
    Options
    This is my favorite thread. Ever.

Today is payday, and I'll be stopping by the liquor store on the way home tonight. My current faves are relatively local to Chicago, Two Brothers being at the top of the list. Goose Island still has some fantastic choices (thier IPA and Nut Brown are pretty awesome), even if InBev owns them. Great Lakes brewing company does some fine work as well. I'ts nice being near Chicago, nearly every craft brewer can distribute here. there's some west coast ones that don't make it, though, and that makes me sad.

I've been jonesing for some scotch ale, though, so I'll be getting some Belhaven for the weekend.

And I'll admit it. A can of Budweiser on a hot day is still fine by me.

OMG YOU'RE BY GOOSE ISLAND?!?!?! Mail me some 312. I'll pay you a million dollars! :P

My bf is from Chicago and I visited with him in May. So many delicious beers in the midwest..
  • petstorekitty
    Options
    Oh man i use to drink Budweiser and yingling and many more beers. Have not since i started eating healthy i figured why drink all that beer like u use to if ur trying to get abs? That is not going to work ur going to get a beer belly at this rate lol and i didnt want such thing so i slowed down and eventually stopped. I am not 21 yet though so by then i will have the body i have always wanted maybe better and i may have a few beers at a bar by then..... but no more binge drinking for me. I do miss Budweiser though <3

We were talking about beer :) I think you have the wrong thread.

LMAO! Poor girl.. was just discussing last night that when I was about 19, Newcastle was the most exotic beer I'd had and I loved it. Now I can't stand it. And the thought of all the Keystone I used to down?? forghettaboutit
  • Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Card carrying member of CAMRA for 12 years here :smile:

I love darker, malty beers; porters/stouts and Belgian beers.

A *good* lager goes down well (think Czech/Bavarian).

Currently have some Rauchbier and a bottle of Samichlaus on order :drinker:
  • Wargamergal
    Wargamergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh I love beer! My beer of choice at the moment is Fat Yak but i am definitely going to go through this thread with a pen and paper to try these other beers that everyone is recommending!

In terms of weight loss, i used to drink 3 times a week on average so i figure once a week is an improvement!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love great beer! Right now our fridge looks like this...

Anderson Valley Winter Solstace
    Troegs's Mad Elf
    Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
    Ellie's Brown Ale
    Founder's Breakfast Stout
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In no particular order, my favorites:
    Bell's Hopslam
    Bell's Two-Hearted Ale
    St. Bernardus ABT 12
    Stone Arrogant *kitten*
    Rodenbach Grand Cru

I've managed to lose weight while still drinking beer. Most of the time that happens on my long run days when I know I still have the calories to burn. And, as evidenced by my list above, I like sippin' beers, so one is about all I need on those days.

Feel free to add me if you want another beer-lovin' MFP pal...
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I love beer... right now I love Rahr Stormcloud, Revolver Blood & Honey, Peticolas Velvet Hammer... local craft brews. Lately I've been picking up growlers of different new brews to try.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I love Shock Top. Depending on which one you get, they're usually less than 200 calories for a bottle. Whenever I go to concerts, that's what I get, mostly because I have to choose between that and Budweiser, and I just can't get into Budweiser.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Beer snob, homebrewer, certified beer judge (BJCP).

Yeah, I had to cut back, but no way I'm going to cut it out!
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love beer! My favorites would be the fall and winter seasonals. I'm originally from Cleveland, so Great Lakes Brewery is a favorite. I'm currently in Colorado, which has a lot of great breweries.

My daily favorites include: Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Killians, Leinkugels, and Newcastle
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Shock Top. Depending on which one you get, they're usually less than 200 calories for a bottle. Whenever I go to concerts, that's what I get, mostly because I have to choose between that and Budweiser, and I just can't get into Budweiser.

Shocktop is made by Anheuser-Busch....
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I made the switch to Miller 64, and then recently to Bud Select 55. yeh yeh....it's watered down but, had to do something to lower the calories. :)
  • firstsip
    Options

Shocktop is made by Anheuser-Busch....

Yeah, and they bought Goose Island last year :( Those *kitten*.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Maybe im just a redneck country gal.. but i will always stay true to my Bud Light. :heart:

And i will ALWAYS drink my 18 pack every Saturday because I bust my *kitten* all week and even though i go over on Saturdays.. it seems to fit into my week.. and Im still losing weight!!

LIKE A BOSS!!! :laugh:
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my favorite beers are woodchuck and angry orchid!

AHHHHHHH

SOOOO MANY CALORIES!

NO, FAT *kitten*. NO!