Help I can't loose weight

Options
Okay I'm stuck. At 1200 calories per day. I weigh, measure and log everything I eat. Hi protein, lo carb. 3 liters plus of water. I work out 5 to 6 days a week a minimum of 60 minutes and up to 120 minutes per day. That includes 45+ minutes of in zone cardio, interval training and weight lifting. I wear a Polar heart rate monitor to track my burn. The scale is not moving. I really don't know what else to do except cut calories further. I have over 60 ibs to loose and my BMI is still over 35%.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    BMI is a number, not a percentage. So is your BMI 35 or do you have 35% body fat?

Given your level of exercise, you are not eating enough at all. Most likely you are malnourished given the 1200 calories a day and extensive diet. I can safely assume that without knowing your height even.

You should calculate your TDEE and set your calorie goal to TDEE -20%.

Think of weight loss like a seat belt... if you jerk it really fast, it'll stop. If you calmly and slowly pull it, it goes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I would guess that you're NOT eating back exercise calories and you really need to.
  • belleunos
    Options
    It is not uncommon for me to burn 600-900 calories at the gym. I don't eat back any of those calories. I am at 35% body fat.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely need to be eating more. Eat back your exercise calories... you are pretty much making your body freak out.
  • pastryari
    Options
  • pastryari
    Options
  • pastryari
    Options
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    With 60lbs left to lose you definitely need to up your calories, set your goal to lose 1lb per week and try to eat back at least half your exercise cals. I have 60lb left to lose and I eat 1600 + exercise cals and I still lose consistently
  • pastryari
    Options
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely need to be eating more. Eat back your exercise calories... you are pretty much making your body freak out.

This. Since your goal is only 1200 (which is the bare minimum) eat back all of them. Either that or up your calorie goal and eat back half.

And be patient. If you really joined in November it's probably not soon enough to say that it's not working.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Think of weight loss like a seat belt... if you jerk it really fast, it'll stop. If you calmly and slowly pull it, it goes.

I really like this. Thank you for putting it that way!
  • belleunos
    Options
    Oh and I've been trying for about 5-6 weeks now. What I don't get if the magic is calories in vs. calories out and essentially I've only got about 300 net calories a day how in the heck can my body hang onto the fat. I'm 5ft 7in and weight in at 198.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE FOOD!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without seeing your diary- And if you are working out THAT much you don't need low carb! I eat about 40% carbs and I still lose weight! Your body needs the fuel if you workout that much! Make sure you are drinking TONS of water. I drink like 12-15 glasses a day.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would say you need to eat about 800-1000 more calories a day. Netting tiny amount of calories is suicide. Literally.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody can "loose" weight...

but yeah, pretty much what everyone else said is accurate. Eat more
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Something isn't adding up. Even if you're eating too little it wouldn't have kept you from losing anything in the beginning. Your calculations are off somewhere.
  • belleunos
    Options
    Precisely my thoughts. Even if I'm not taking in enough my body should have to loose weight. It has to burn something. Everything I eat can be calculated. Think whole wheat tortilla, egg, oatmeal, fresh fruit, salad. I would love to figure out where the calculations could be off so I could fix them!