Why am I so cold??

Options
I know this may sound like an incredibly silly question, but since I have lost 30lbs since Jan.2010, I am finding that I am always cold! My husband use to call me his Little Heater because I would literally sweat all night long. Now, I am freezing all the time it seems. Could this be because I have lost a significant amount of weight and body fat?? I'm just curious and want to make sure I am not going crazy!!! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing... I still have a lot of fat though... I think that it's just the body trying to relearn how to self-moderate temperature. I notice that on days that I drink a lot of water... I'm colder. I thought it was only me though!

Another possibility could be... I'm not covering up as much as I used to... baggy sweats and sweatshirts... I try to wear clothes that "show" my loss to keep me motivated... inevitably - not big and baggy sweats! LOL!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I have the same problem, but wasn't sure if it was the weight loss or the med I am on. But I have been freezing all the time lately and have been wondering what it could be from. I keep thinking if weight loss causes this then how do really thin people ever stay warm!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    i'm the same way. i freeze more with less weight on me, when i had more weight on me.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    It takes a winter or two for your body to adjust to not having all that insulation. I'm that girl still wearing the wool coat in March....It's flippin' freezing all the time for me!
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Same here! Glad to see this isn't just me. I have only been doing this a week, but I am FREEZING constantly.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way but then I've lost 13 % of my body weight. I bet it is from less "insulation". I'm cold when other people aren't.
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    yep me too, my husband is always burning up and i am always freezing.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Yep, me too! I think it is definitely the loss of 'insulation'. The good news is you won't get to overheated in the summer! :smile: When everyone else is complaining about the heat, you'll be in heaven!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Its because you dont have that "fat jacket" on 24/7 anymore. :smile: Before I gained this weight I was always cold, then after I gained about 30 pounds I was usually hot. Now I am losing it and I am starting to get chilly all the time again lol.
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much!! Makes me feel so much better that it's not just me and that it's just part of the weight loss journey!!! Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you!
  • lemire98
    lemire98 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started drinking so much water. So I switched to room temp water and dont suffer with freezing anymore.
  • lmmarsh
    lmmarsh Posts: 34
    Options
    That's too funny! I was just telling my husband the exact same thing! I have lost 30lbs (14%). I used to always be soooo hot and now I am always looking for a sweater. Wonder what I'll feel like when I loose the other 30?
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you posted this, I was really thinking that there must be somthing wrong with me and was thinking about going to get my lab work done!!! I knew some of it had to do with the wt but I didnt know that it was this much! This will be the first summer in years I will enjoy!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That was happening to me this winter. I kinda of thought it was because I was losing weight. Now I know I am not the only one. I was the one who didn't wear a jacket or even a sweater until late. I know have a light jacket at work so I won't be so chilly.:blushing:
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm so glad you posted this lol. i've lost about 2 an a half stone and im always cold!!! least i know why now. course i've also got the husband in my ear going "told you so!"
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! I've always been cold and now you tell me it's going to get worse!?