Help I can't loose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Ok Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to eat food! You drink at least 2 of your meals a day! Your body needs food to function properly! You need to increase your calories. As others have said begin reading about your TDEE and BMR. I am almost certain you are eating way below your BMR. This is the caloric intake your body would need if you were in a coma. Even if you weights 160 LBs at your height your BMR would be 1515 calories! I will also tell you about my journey. I was eating 1200 calories a day for about 6 months I list weight then I got stuck at 126 lbs. I increased my calories to around 1800 to 2200 a day and I have started losing again. Now I am down to 121.
  • belleunos
    Options
    You are correct in that my spouse is miliarty and I would really like to get back to myself before he returns CONUS next June. Just as an FYI I do do interval training. Today I did 40 min treadmill on 1 inclined revving my heart to around the 170 range then dropping back to the 140s. I do this at least twice a week. I weight train about 4 days a week. 2 Days of legs, 2 days of arms, back, shoulder etc. Lifting to failure and varying the equipment I use. I have increased my lift capability in several areas. The consensus seems to be eat more. I'll give it a try. It's not hard this time of year.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are correct in that my spouse is miliarty and I would really like to get back to myself before he returns CONUS next June. Just as an FYI I do do interval training. Today I did 40 min treadmill on 1 inclined revving my heart to around the 170 range then dropping back to the 140s. I do this at least twice a week. I weight train about 4 days a week. 2 Days of legs, 2 days of arms, back, shoulder etc. Lifting to failure and varying the equipment I use. I have increased my lift capability in several areas. The consensus seems to be eat more. I'll give it a try. It's not hard this time of year.

GEEZ!!!! YES!!! Seriously you're doing almost everything right, all you have to do is eat more - that shouldn't be difficult! Eat more, consider eating more often as I suggested and make sure you get plenty of protein. With the way you're working out, you're gonna get amazing results!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.....1k, 911, 911, 1200.....yep....you probably wont do too well on that.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm stuck. At 1200 calories per day. I weigh, measure and log everything I eat. Hi protein, lo carb. 3 liters plus of water. I work out 5 to 6 days a week a minimum of 60 minutes and up to 120 minutes per day. That includes 45+ minutes of in zone cardio, interval training and weight lifting. I wear a Polar heart rate monitor to track my burn. The scale is not moving. I really don't know what else to do except cut calories further. I have over 60 ibs to loose and my BMI is still over 35%.

You're answer is in your post.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Oh and I've been trying for about 5-6 weeks now. What I don't get if the magic is calories in vs. calories out and essentially I've only got about 300 net calories a day how in the heck can my body hang onto the fat. I'm 5ft 7in and weight in at 198.

Food, calories, is your body's fuel, like gasoline is to cars. You need it. I'm not a dietician or a nutrition expert, but I am very sure you need to be eating more calories. A net of 300 calories a day is not enough; your body thinks it's starving, and is holding on to it's surefire source of fuel, should you stop eating altogether. Your body doesn't know you're trying to lose weight, it just knows you're not giving it what it needs, and it's trying to survive. Up your calories!

Now, i am not one of these "eat more to lose weight" kind of people... but 300 net calories is WAY too low. Its a damn wonder your hair isnt falling out and you havent passed out yet.

You are starving yourself, and if these things i have mentioned havent started happening yet, they will.. soon.

EAT. While i do NOT eat my 1200.. and i do not eat my exercise calories back.. you MUST eat a lot more than what you are now.

By the way... "You LOSE weight so your clothes get LOOSE" just a friendly FYI because the whole LOSE / LOOSE thing gets to people on here.. and believe it or not, they get kind of sh*tty about it. :indifferent:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Eat more, choose good healthy food wherever possible - lots of vegies, quality protein, avoid processed stuff where possible. You are doing a lot of good exercise, well done! But you need to fuel the fire. Good luck!

PS Did I mention - eat MORE :laugh: I know it goes against everything we *think* and *know*, but you need to eat enough.
  • lucielleball
    lucielleball Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can anyone out there help?? I am 53, exercise 5-6 days a week for at least 45 minutes.- usually more. Tennis, spinning, pilates, and I run. I have cut my diet to 1300 calories a day. Eat NO sugar. No fish, meat or chicken. all veggies, beans and fruit. I have not lost ONE oz in 14 days.

I am SOO frustrated.