Worst Christmas Gift Ever

Options

Replies

• beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I once got a mint green 'housecoat' (I think that's what it's called) from my Grandma. It zippered up the front, went all the way down to my feet, and had bows, lace and ribbons on the front it. It looked like something an old woman would wear. She got one for each of the females in the family, all in different nauseating pastel colors. Every last one of us returned them to the store, but we didn't have the heart to tell her.
  • TayTayLMT
    Options
    I once got a mint green 'housecoat' (I think that's what it's called) from my Grandma. It zippered up the front, went all the way down to my feet, and had bows, lace and ribbons on the front it. It looked like something an old woman would wear. She got one for each of the females in the family, all in different nauseating pastel colors. Every last one of us returned them to the store, but we didn't have the heart to tell her.

Ew.. lol
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, in 1994, in the hieght of "grunge fashion", my Grandma gave me this thing, i don't know what it is called but it's like a headband that you wear to keep your ears warm - it white faux fur. My best friend was over at the time and I said, "I'm going to go try it on." We went into the bathroom, shut the door and burst out laughing. She always gave horrible gifts but the WORST was the year she didn't give me anything, but then went around telling all my aunts and uncles how rude I was for not calling to thank her for the gift :huh:
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    A mumu. My mom got it for me, and my stepdad said before I even opened it "Now you know your mother really loves you, and meant well..." because I think he knew exactly how I'd react. It was huge, with bright orange and purple shiny polyester/satin, with wide stripes like a roach tent, but with psychedelic rainbow butterflies scattered between the stripes. I must've paused much longer than I'd meant to when I pulled it out of the bag (literally speechless), because then my parents started interjecting things like "Um..you like butterflies, right?"
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My husband is giving my inlaws (his parents) a CoCo toilet seat. I called my mother-in-law to tell her that I "had nothing to do" with this year's present. I sent her some Christmas ornaments that I think she'll like, as the CoCo was a whopper on the budget. It has everything and does everything for you, including a dryer and seat warmer. It's nice, but just a wierd present.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I worked for Lane Bryant for 9 years. Every Christmas some misguided male would come in looking for a mumu for his wife...
    Men - She doesn't want a mumu! If she asked for one (and is less than 75yrs old) it is because she doesn't feel good about herself and it is the very last thing you should get her. Get her something that will make her feel pretty, not something that says you think she is right to give up trying to look pretty.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My older sister gave me a, um 'adult toy'. Wrapped it back up pretty dam quick and wouldn't show it to ANYBODY! :blushing:
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Can't really say I ever got a bad gift, simply because I believe it is a gift enough to spend Christmas with your family in non-starving nation.... However....

When I was 10, my family completely forgot my birthday and they did this year as well. HAHA
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    When my husband ( soon to be ex) and I bought our first house my mother - in -law bought me a garden hose. REALLY??? I about died. Like I want a garden hose for Christmas.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    last year at our car show Christmas party a used candle and some really old dusty perfume LOL no name on it the party is tomorrow cant wait to see what I get this year lol
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My Grandma always gets me some lame Bill Cosby sweater for Christmas. :laugh:
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A fruit cake make with those terrible candied cherries
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My brother's ex girlfriend gave me a shirt that said 'Orgasm Donor' in front of the whole family
    She was so tacky.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    A vacuum cleaner from my boyfriend, cause you know, that's what every girl wants for Christmas :ohwell:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My Dad gave me a telescope. I am nearly blind. Yeah nice regift,
  • strangewebby
    Options
    My grandpa and his then new wife gave me already opened/used Suave shampoo.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    My worst present was actually my favourite. It was 1996. Mom's health was declining and she was in the early stages of dementia, but stil wanted to buy Christmas gifts. On Christmas morning, I opened a box that had a ginromous pair of underwear it in. Forget granny panties...these were made for an elephant! I have a pic of me holding them up against myself...I swear they went from my knees to my neck! We never laughed so hard....Mom, too. Poor thing had mistaken the size. She's gone now, and that memory still makes me smile. :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My family friend buys me the same O.P.I body lotion EVERY YEAR.

We always buy them the best stuff ever, and it changes every year.

And they're a cashed up family. Come on now...
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I guess my sister and her husband didn't have much money. Anyways, for christmas presents many years in a row they got us food!?
    I remember cans of corn or peas. A can of apple sauce and mixed fruit. And boxes of cereal. It was called Kix I think. I don't know why she bought me Kix cereal because I hated it. I gave it to one of my friends a few days later because it was her favorite food and she had no food.
    So something good did come out of those presents.
    Hopefully she doesn't get me canned food this year...
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my mom bought my sister a Magic Bullet and when we looked at it I specifically said I did NOT want one as I'd have no use for it. My sister decided it was too small for her big family and gave it back to my mom. 4 months later my birthday came and I got that exact Magic Bullet...it even still had a piece of the wrapping paper from Christmas.

My mom is notorious for getting random gifts that no one wants and not really putting good thought in to gifts. I love her, but she needs to try a bit harder.

I really can't believe I am the only one who had to read this twice to figure out what kind of Magic Bullet we're talking about here.

your not...should have seen my face when I read how the sister thought it was too small for her big family.
    lol