Worst Christmas Gift Ever

Options
12346»

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My co-worker recieved this plug in water fall that she didn't like. The back wouldn't stay closed on it, total piece of crap. She was too cheap to buy me a real gift for our gift exchange so she rewrapped it and gave it to me. I tossed it out with the trash.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My older sister gave me a, um 'adult toy'. Wrapped it back up pretty dam quick and wouldn't show it to ANYBODY! :blushing:

This happened to me one year too!! Ummm I think they are in the console of my car...haha whoever steals my car or breaks into it will probably wonder about the owner...
  • jascat83
    Options
    The worst present ever - an opened/used bottle of perfume - nice hey?!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I cut my finger (almost off) peeling a potato - requiring stitches one year just before christmas, that year EVERYONE thought it would be great to get me a potato peeler. I ended up with 27 potato peelers that year. I've never used a one of em!
  • onepillarofsalt
    onepillarofsalt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    During my marriage, I wore pretty much exclusively black and I was not as big as I am now. My then sister-in-law got me a huge, frilly green sweater that made me look like a Telly Tubby that was, literally, about five sizes too big.

Best gift I've ever given: my cousin graduating from high school. My mom wanted to give her cash and assigned me the task of finding a creative way to present the cash. So I went out and bought a box of tampons. I took one out, cleared the cotton part and rolled the cash inside the applicator, put it back in the plastic wrapper, put it back in the box, and wrapped it. Poor girl had to pop out a lot of tampons before she found the money. Aaahhh, it made me so happy.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm always very thankful for anything I ever got, however misguided it may be.

Although last year was funny. My husband and I aren't big on holidays and we can never afford giving gifts, but his family insists on giving us gifts. We recieved a massive box...guess what was inside? A Christmas tree! Ornaments included on the side.

My relationship with my husband (then boyfriend) was only 5 days old on Christmas. I decided to get a "safe" gift: a throw blanket, some chocolate and a card. He bought me a digital freaking camera!! I felt like such a tool. lol

We still have the blanket though. :D
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Dirty slipper socks from a crazy relative.
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    true story.... my grandfather got me a neon black light lamp that twisted to sp[ell out b**ch. He even made a point of turning down the lights to present it to me infront of the entire friggen family. The best part was that I was like 16 years old.

But I still love him :)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Our house was broken into Christmas Eve while we were at my Ex Mother-in-laws house for dinner, they unwrapped everything, took what they wanted, broke the other items (including kids toys) and left them laying there for the kids to see when we got home. They also went through the house and found the presents *from santa* we had hidden and had broken or stole those as well... tough way for my then 6 yr old to find out there is no Santa... she thought she had done something wrong and Santa had come and broke all her gifts becuase the gifts from Santa were there too. :(

They also stole some of my mother's jewelry, my mother had passed away 6 years pryor. That was a pretty sucky Christmas...:(
  • Mteach1
    Options
    A few years ago I got an Elvis Barbie doll from my grandma, who is totally with it and normally great with gifts. I was so confused I thought it was a joke! I had no idea how to react! I was about 22 at the time. I also get really weird cat stuff from my mother in law. Yes, I like cats, but no I do not need cat ink stamps, cat decorative plates, cat salt and pepper shakers, books on cats, cat pjs, and other pointless stuff. That is crazy cat lady type stuff. She is the one obsessed with cats!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I got a size 22 coat from my (now ex) boyfriend. I wore a size 16 and he knew this, but he said the sales girl and I looked the same size and she wore a 22.
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The following year after the B**ch gift my grandfather got me a book to teach me how to be a lady.....
  • kepirus
    Options
    not me . . . I just heard this on the radio this evening while driving home . . .
    ~ someone's boyfriend of 3 years gave her a big box present, wrapped and everything - when she opened it, it held everything she had given him over the previous three years . . . he was breaking up with her.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Floppy eared rabbit slippers..................worst gift ever for a 15 year old. I would probably like it now because my kids would get a kick out of it:)
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have 2 best friends and one year their father decided to play a trick on them and video tape it. By far the funniest home video i have ever seen. anyway he told them that instead of lots of little gifts he wanted to get them one really good and useful gift. he hands them each a bag and they pull out a hair brush. the expressions on their faces were awesome they were about 6 and 9 at the time and they tried to look happy but you can tell they were super disappointed.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I got her a broom and new vacuum cleaner...

My first ex husband got me this too.
    And we had a cleaning lady coming twice a week...
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Our house was broken into Christmas Eve while we were at my Ex Mother-in-laws house for dinner, they unwrapped everything, took what they wanted, broke the other items (including kids toys) and left them laying there for the kids to see when we got home. They also went through the house and found the presents *from santa* we had hidden and had broken or stole those as well... tough way for my then 6 yr old to find out there is no Santa... she thought she had done something wrong and Santa had come and broke all her gifts becuase the gifts from Santa were there too. :(

They also stole some of my mother's jewelry, my mother had passed away 6 years pryor. That was a pretty sucky Christmas...:(

That's so horrible... I'm so sorry...

God will punish them for your kids tears...
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine was from my sister when I was about eleven, she sent me a toy puppet theatre and an elephant suit ... love my sister to pieces but that was not her best present choice :L