Looking to lose 20 to 25 pounds!

Options
And I need all the support I can GET!

Tips, ideas, and just regular old motivation.

Motivation is DEFINATELY where I am lacking. I'm 20 yrs old and ALREADY considered overweight.

I'm 5 feet two inches and 141 pounds. Try to go to the gym on a daily basis and MOST days it doesn't work due to LAME excuses. I need people to keep me inspired. This is the first REAL diet I have taken on and I don't wanna quit or give up, but I'm gonna NEED somebody to keep me accountable cause no one in my immediate day to day life thinks I need to lose the weight.

If there's SOMEONE out there, please respond.

Thanks!

Happy Losing. = ]

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    According to your Body Mass Index, you are only over a healthy range by .8! You would only need to weight 135 to be in the healthy range so why do you want to lose weight?
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I started MFP at 130 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but when you're petite every single inch really shows, so I understand why you want to lose 20 lbs even if you'd be in the healthy range at 130.

I'm going to add you as a friend, we can motivate one another!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5 feet 3 inches and started on here at 148 lbs. I only have about 4lbs left, but this place had made all the difference! I'll add you as a friend so we can motivate each other!!
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    urrrggghhh i startesd at 153 pounds on my 5 4 height.... am loosing... but thanks to here and alot of work... i added u as a friend also.... we can help each other!
  • samueleketorp
    samueleketorp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As for motivation, I allways think like this: if I'm this young (I'm 27) and I think I'm unhealthy, there's no time like the present to do something about it. I'd like to spend the rest of my life in full health and not look back at it when I'm old and wonder why I never did anything about it. Think positive and think ahead instead of coming up with excuses and looking back and regretting stuff you didn't do.

I've had great help from MFP and if you just stick to it like glue, it will help you too I'm sure. Best of luck and be firm with yourself!

/Sam
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    According to your Body Mass Index, you are only over a healthy range by .8! You would only need to weight 135 to be in the healthy range so why do you want to lose weight?

Jay.
    I would LOVE to be 135 again, but at 135 I still wasn't happy with the way my body looked. I don't want to be a stick or anything, I just want to be comforatable in my skin and I feel like at 115 or 120 I can do that.

Thanks to everyone for the support. I think MFP will really help me. Being out of work and only in school for 4 hours a day I will have plenty of time to keep track of calories and excercise and check in with my new found friends.