Options
    Breakfast
    2 Eggs, prepared in anyway - 140
    Cheese - 90
    2 slices of toast - 200
    Fruit - 80
    Fruit juice - 125

635 cals

This breakfast has one item from each food group and packs a lot of calories without being overly filling. If you eat one avocado a day, at about 250ish calories, you'll surely be able to meet your 2000 cal mark!

Edit: Also, cooking the eggs in oil or butter adds calories. Adding butter, peanut butter or jam onto your toast adds calories too!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    for lunch
    spices can be added for flavour
    Fresh Broccolli, 0.5 cup chopped 16 cal
    Linguini Pasta, 85 g 300 cal
    Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp 124 cal(used to reheat pasta in pan)
    total 400 calories

Add 1 cup of milk for an additional 110 calories
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hmm. On other threads you mention struggling eating a lot... So foods that are dense probably aren't best for you - caloricaly dense is, though. So let's look at them.

One cup of uncooked white rice is about 600kcal, have that witha tablespoon of olive oil and that adds another 120. There's some carbs and fats, now for protein... maybe some shrimp? Toss a few - not too many, otherwise it'll fill you up too fast - veggies, like broccoli and green beans. Maybe make a peanut sauce to go with it.
    There's (maybe) 1200-1500cals in that meal alone... You can split it in two or three if you can't eat it all at once.
  • ChandraFlanagan
    Options
    Definitely carbs like rice are good, as the previous person stated, but I would still go with the healthier version and use brown rice or wild rice, which will have more fiber and nutrients. Same thing with Pasta and bread, they usually have more calories per ounce than things like meat and veggies.

Also, if I were you I'd try maybe to drink protein shakes, which will have good nutrients to keep you healthy, and lots of calories, depending on the kind you get. As another person said before avocado's also have a lot of calories for being a fruit, and also have lots of healthy fats. Nuts also have healthy fats and more calories. I'd say if you don't want to eat a whole meal but need extra calories eat any of these things.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    People don't realize it because the serving size is sometimes listed as smaller than what people would have, but quinoa is actually very high-calorie and it's full of protein! You can eat it like oatmeal and add fruit/cinnamon/honey/butter/etc. or you can scramble it with eggs and veggies in oil. Yum!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Definitely carbs like rice are good, as the previous person stated, but I would still go with the healthier version and use brown rice or wild rice, which will have more fiber and nutrients.

Yeah... I'd say she's probably better off with white rice, IMO. Thing with all that fibre is it's filling; white rice is a lot easier to eat.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great if you could go and see a nutritionist to help you do up a manageable gaining program. Just to make life easier for you and help you on your way. Other than that bit of advice add nuts to salads, eat full fat everything, avocados, chicken breasts, pasta, fruit smoothies cereals, oats, more nuts! Try adding mayonnaise or some form of sauce/dressing to your meals. Eat chocolate, and chocolate covered almonds, or yoghurt raisins.

Good luck :D