gained 2 lb on callorie deficit what happened

Options
Iv been on a callorie of 2900 callories my bulking callories are 3100 iv been working out the same dont know how

Replies

• Slimmd
    Slimmd Posts: 10
    Options
    Are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day? If you don't drink enough water, your body will hoard it , which will make you gain weight. (Or, at least, that's what my trainer tells me, and, at least for me, it seems to be true.)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You lift heavy?

Glycogen depletion.....

You eat big?

Each carb carries 3-4g of water.

I fluctuate 5lbs around my lift days but as long as the following monday i'm above/below whatever goal I have then its right.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Iv been on a callorie of 2900 callories my bulking callories are 3100 iv been working out the same dont know how

1) Fluid weight
    or
    2) You were not in a deficit.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I can cause a 2lb difference on my scale just by leaning. Its just water or some other minor thing.
    Don't sweat the 2 lbs,
  • shiftysheep
    shiftysheep Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You've not gave any details about your height, weight or current workout schedule, but if you bulking calories are 3,100 then I would recommend cutting calories of about 2,200 calories.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day? If you don't drink enough water, your body will hoard it , which will make you gain weight. (Or, at least, that's what my trainer tells me, and, at least for me, it seems to be true.)

I drink 3-4 litres water a day
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    You lift heavy?

Glycogen depletion.....

You eat big?

Each carb carries 3-4g of water.

I fluctuate 5lbs around my lift days but as long as the following monday i'm above/below whatever goal I have then its right.

lifting Heavy is the only way carbs are not so high but I count callories mostly
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

1) Fluid weight
    or
    2) You were not in a deficit.

could be fluid weight but what im going to do to make sure is reduce callores by another 100 to see if i lost to much weight then i will know it was my callores was not on 2900 is that right way to go
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I can cause a 2lb difference on my scale just by leaning. Its just water or some other minor thing.
    Don't sweat the 2 lbs,

thanks I am trying to lose FAT i gained to much on Bulking LOL I will try next week hopefully I have lost 2lb I am going to reduce callories by another 100 just to see
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    You've not gave any details about your height, weight or current workout schedule, but if you bulking calories are 3,100 then I would recommend cutting calories of about 2,200 calories.

I gained 1 lb on a callorie of 3100 callories I am 5 ft 11 and weigh 104 kg if that helps and I am male
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Over what period did you gain the 2lb?
  • shiftysheep
    shiftysheep Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Based on the stats you gave assuming you are lifting heavy multiple times a week, I have your maintenance at about 3,200 & your cutting calories at about 2,700, just go with what your body is telling you. If you need to drop some calories then do it, just make sure you keeping protein high & training with intensity.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Are you sure 2900 is a deficit? Seems very tight to have cutting and bulking calories within 200...i would assume that 3000 must be maintenance for you then...so you're operating with very little margin for error here. My guess is that either 2900 isn't right for your deficit, and/or calorie counting errors took you above 2900...@an overestimation on an eyeballed portion here, a little bit extra big restaurant portion, too much "heap" in your heaping protein scoop, these things add up. I think you need a little more margin to see results.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Over what period did you gain the 2lb?

1 week I weighed myself last Saturday and today
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Are you sure 2900 is a deficit? Seems very tight to have cutting and bulking calories within 200...i would assume that 3000 must be maintenance for you then...so you're operating with very little margin for error here. My guess is that either 2900 isn't right for your deficit, and/or calorie counting errors took you above 2900...@an overestimation on an eyeballed portion here, a little bit extra big restaurant portion, too much "heap" in your heaping protein scoop, these things add up. I think you need a little more margin to see results.
    [/quote

I think your right I will reduce to 2800 if thats not high enough then more I hate this trial process I wish i knew what my cutting callories was
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Based on the stats you gave assuming you are lifting heavy multiple times a week, I have your maintenance at about 3,200 & your cutting calories at about 2,700, just go with what your body is telling you. If you need to drop some calories then do it, just make sure you keeping protein high & training with intensity.

yeah that seems right I am going to go and try 2800 i will see i think i had to many callories because u go to some restauraunts dominos there callorie is not exact and I had a pizzza last tuesday or so and I did not know callories because it did not tell me so i had to guess but now im going to be eating things that have callories writen on them
  • la7982
    Options
    Brother I literally fluctuate between 3-5 pounds between morning and night. Did you possibly weigh yourself at a different time? Good Luck!
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates from day to day don't stress about it like yesterday I was 129 in the A:M: and in the P:M: I weighed again and I was 132 lbs. I kept on my plan and this morning I was back down to 129. It could be water weight too. just stick with the program and you will start going down and staying down. Don't get discouraged and give up hang in there and you will do good.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Brother I literally fluctuate between 3-5 pounds between morning and night. Did you possibly weigh yourself at a different time? Good Luck!

it was the same time i woke up did my buisness in the bathroom like usual empty stomach like always weighed myself dont know why i think maybe callories are not low enough or i did not eat 2900 but time will tell
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Weight fluctuates from day to day don't stress about it like yesterday I was 129 in the A:M: and in the P:M: I weighed again and I was 132 lbs. I kept on my plan and this morning I was back down to 129. It could be water weight too. just stick with the program and you will start going down and staying down. Don't get discouraged and give up hang in there and you will do good.

thank you for the kind words i will keep going