New to myfitnesspal!

Options
Hello,
My name is Angie and I am 34 years old and married with two wonderful kids. I have been on for about five days logging everything I eat into the food diary. I think this is going to keep me on track since I want to loose about 30 pounds. I have tried all kinds of diets from Atkins, weight watchers, abs diet, etc. but it kept coming back. I had an aha moment when I started logging in my food everyday. Weightloss is suppose to be a slow process not fast. It is also not a quick fix, but a lifestyle commitment. I am very excited to start this journey and looking forward to feeling healthy. I even walked/jogged in a 5K for the first time today! I was really scared but I made it! There is no turning back now!
Thanks for listening,
Angie

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi there Angie :bigsmile:

Welcome and look forward to getting to know you :wink:

I'm Chellie from Ireland just sent you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • LiveKind
    LiveKind Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a newbie too....Logged food for a few days and then finally took the next step and started "interacting" with people on the site.:smile: It really is neat, and seems to be a good support network already!

I need/want to lose about 30 pounds too...am already pretty active (run, gym, etc.) and eat healthily...but really need to measure everything that I put into my mouth and log everything too. Never was very good at writing it down...this seems way better.

If you want another friend, I'd be psyched to keep in touch. You can check out my profile. Good luck!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will send you a friend request.
    I love this site and have found so many supportive friends.:flowerforyou: